PDA

View Full Version : Life knocked me out pretty good..

Beerdrinker
02-06-16, 02:26 PM
Hello there,

I am not sure if I posted this in the rigth section. Itīs been a long time since my last check in here.

Just wanted to post that Iīm still alive and kicking. But not chrunching. Doubt that I can return. My computer these days is barely capable of surfing the web.

Back in the days, I where very active both in crunching and on the boards. At least I can still participate here...

Life had me knocked out pretty good there for a while. Got fired. I am now diagnosed with Diabetes and my parents died just within week of each other.

Have a great day.

Beerdrinker

shiva
02-06-16, 04:56 PM
Hi Beerdrinker, I have been wondering about you, hadn't seen you in a while. sorry to hear about the problems and your loss. really glad to hear that you are alive and kicking and I hope you get back to appoint where you can crunch but will be nice to see you bon the boards. Wishing you well
Rick

c303a
02-06-16, 06:11 PM
Welcome back Beerdrinker. Sorry about all your troubles but it is good to hear from you and I hope we see you again.

Mike029
02-06-16, 06:36 PM
Damn bad news Beer. I am glad to see you up and around. You always have a home here.

Justgeo1
02-06-16, 09:19 PM
I know about diabetes, and losing parents... been fired a few times too... I'm sure you will get back up and running when you can! Courage, my friend!

Be Strong and Stay Positive!

Al
02-06-16, 09:32 PM
Whether you crunch or not, it's always good to have old friends back.

zombie67
02-06-16, 10:32 PM
That sucks out loud! Sorry for your loss.

If a computer of some sort happened to show up, would you be interested in crunching?

Duke of Buckingham
02-06-16, 11:24 PM
Keep strong as you always have been, life will smile at you once again, there are lot of things we cant control.
http://img01.deviantart.net/9a3e/i/2012/241/a/9/__a_hug_for_you_my_friend___by_emilytemple33-d5cuesb.jpg

Beerdrinker
02-07-16, 01:42 AM
That sucks out loud! Sorry for your loss.

If a computer of some sort happened to show up, would you be interested in crunching?

One always have the itch rigth? Crunching has been huge part of my life, and I always enjoyed it with my small time donation for the good cause.

Well, I have a case and some sort of Asrock board I know that works. Pretty sure I have a 3-400W PSU as my son upgraded his last year. (heīs moved from my house. Studying near by. Wantīs to be some sort of IT supporter)

So that means I have to dig up a CPU, some memory sticks and a harddrive to be in business.

I did get a new job though. Itīs just like 35 miles from home (thatīs a pretty good distance in Denmark, since we are not used to long distances) so I bougth a car with the help from my bank, and I am making the trip every day. The diabetes I am almost in control with. A good thing about our 50% taxes in Denmark, it that itīs absolutely free of charge to go the doctor and hospital. So that helped me a great deal overcoming this. That meant that only medicine expenses have to be covered - and itīs not that espensive. Fortunately I have the Type2, which for know can be kept in check with pills and better diet. (thatīs where that nice lady from the hospital kicked in. She is a dietitian. And a darn pretty one too :: )

Thanks for all the great posts. It warms my heart. I definately will be keeping in touch with you guys. Even if I canīt mangage to crunch rigth away!

Have a pleasant day!
Beerdrinker

Fire$torm
02-07-16, 08:37 AM
Beer! Damn, it's good to zee you back on the boards. I kept wondering were you got off to. I'm very sorry to hear the bad news. I toorecently lost anclose family member. It really sucks....

Plz let me know if I can help in any way. I still have that Gigabyte MB you sent me several years ago. :)

trigggl
02-08-16, 07:00 PM
Good to see you Beer. I've thought about you recently, also. Sorry for your loss.

I've been scaling back a lot myself due to unforeseen government meddling with my flood zoning. Gotta get the electric bill down to make up for resulting costs.

Take care of you. Don't be a stranger.

zombie67
02-09-16, 12:09 AM
I've been scaling back a lot myself due to unforeseen government meddling with my flood zoning.

EPA is way out of control, with no appeal process. Pacific Legal Foundation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Legal_Foundation) is doing a lot of good work with that. They are working hard on something very close to your issue.

DrPop
02-10-16, 03:18 PM
Hi Beer, man we've missed you. Kat was just asking about you like 2 weeks ago, so she'll be happy when I tell her you showed up on the boards again! :) Sorry to hear about the loss, can't be easy in any way - none of them. We're here if you ever need anything, and hope you can have a better time of it this year!

Beerdrinker
02-12-16, 06:00 PM
Hey there Jed!

Definately planning on having a better year. I am settling in with the new job. Over time I will be able to be better consolidated, which it a priority from my side. The Diabetes is just a side dish. I can deal with that, given enough time. I am a though viking - you know! :p

Best regards,
Beer

dcushing
02-12-16, 07:46 PM
Need to bring back Belgiumbeer@home!

That was a fun project, even though it didnt account for squat in Boinc....

I here their is a pizza@home project in the works! I wonder how that is gonna work?

Welcome back Beer!