PDA

View Full Version : Teamviewer nag

scole of TSBT
04-14-16, 03:23 PM
I only use Teamviewer for personal use, but it doesn't believe me. Is there any way to disable to the Teamviewer nag pop-ups? I'd buy a license just to get rid of it, but they want too much.

nanoprobe
04-14-16, 03:34 PM
Which version are you using. I'm 5.0.8081. It runs 24/365 and never see a nag screen.

scole of TSBT
04-14-16, 03:49 PM
The latest version, 11.0.56083.

Bryan
04-14-16, 04:03 PM
No way to kill it. I talked to them last year asking that question and they said on the freebie it was a fact of life. I asked if they hadn't licensing somewhere between the freebie and the business account and they said no. So it is a case of spending bunches of money or living with it.

nanoprobe
04-14-16, 05:41 PM
No way to kill it. I talked to them last year asking that question and they said on the freebie it was a fact of life. I asked if they hadn't licensing somewhere between the freebie and the business account and they said no. So it is a case of spending bunches of money or living with it.
Or downgrading. The version I use does everything I need it to do.

scole of TSBT
07-22-18, 06:22 PM
Anybody else get the shaft from teamviewer? I went around and around with them some time back and they finally let me use their product without limiting the sessions to just a few minute. Well as of this morning it only lets me connect to another system for about a minute, disconnects and won't let me back in for like 3-5 minutes.

Ron Shurtz
07-22-18, 06:37 PM
I haven't tried it yet today.
I have 6 possible machines attached to it.
My 3 and 3 more as remote help for my wife, daughter, and dad.

If 5 or more of them were concurrently on line, I would get the suspected business use nag thinking I was misusing the free license.

I have not experienced a time limit yet.
Did you have multiple sessions open when the disconnects occurred?

somanyroads
07-22-18, 07:13 PM
as of this morning it only lets me connect to another system for about a minute, disconnects and won't let me back in for like 3-5 minutes.

yup, but I thought it was a glitch associated with the new pop-up and that they would fix it in a day or two.

scole of TSBT
07-23-18, 11:51 AM
They appear to be making a sweep through all their non paying users and forcing people to once again either prove they only use it for personal use else pay $588/year. I've submitted my case...again. Looking for other options.

Anyone ever hear of this product/service, DWService?

https://www.dwservice.net/en/home.html

Al
07-23-18, 01:02 PM
They appear to be making a sweep through all their non paying users and forcing people to once again either prove they only use it for personal use else pay $588/year. I've submitted my case...again. Looking for other options.

Anyone ever hear of this product/service, DWService?

https://www.dwservice.net/en/home.html
I hadn't until you mentioned it. I am also seeing the nag and booting me off for a time.

somanyroads
07-23-18, 01:28 PM
FWIW, there are many "free" remote access offerings, such as the ones shown here https://www.lifewire.com/free-remote-access-software-tools-2625161 Years ago I was told there is nothing "free", so who really knows . . .

shiva
07-23-18, 01:56 PM
FWIW, there are many "free" remote access offerings, such as the ones shown here https://www.lifewire.com/free-remote-access-software-tools-2625161 Years ago I was told there is nothing "free", so who really knows . . .

sorry to inform you of this but, you get nothing for nothing, Santa Clause is dead!!!

somanyroads
07-23-18, 11:32 PM
sorry to inform you of this but, you get nothing for nothing, Santa Clause is dead!!!

Wow, guess who got a stocking full of coal . . .

Al
07-24-18, 10:38 AM
I didn't do anything and the nag screens and time limits are gone this morning.

scole of TSBT
07-24-18, 09:02 PM
My home PC is now able to connect to any system with a nag except my work PC. I still have a time limit connecting to it and any system I connect to from my work PC has the 40-50 second time limit. I've installed RealVNC as an alternative for the time being. The free version allows 5 PCs to the setup under an account and has a similar authentication method as TV; log into a main account, ability to connect to systems logged into the same account with additional pwd authentication. Free version doesn't have file transfer and I couldn't get it work on Linux Mint 17.3, first attempt anyway. Anydesk scares me. Any hacker who guesses a valid system id can beat away on your system trying to get in. I couldn't get Anydesk to accept a remote connection either.

Al
07-26-18, 08:28 AM
Something that I noticed this morning is that my computer IDs are changing. I've had 3 that tossed out the old ID and issued a new one, 7 digits long starting with a 1. I hope that stops.

scole of TSBT
07-26-18, 12:25 PM
TV still has me effectively shut out. Limiting all connections to 50 sec and having to wait 10 minutes to reconnect. So heck with them. I've moved on with RealVNC on 5 systems. I can connect locally to the others using regular VNC. Here's a page that explains how to get a VNC server running on linux Mint 17.3...
http://www.informaticapressapochista.com/linux/set-vnc-remote-access-linux-mint-17/

Bryan
07-26-18, 12:47 PM
I'm not having any problems now .... everything is totally back to normal.

scole of TSBT
07-26-18, 01:23 PM
I'm not having any problems now .... everything is totally back to normal.
I think they are picking on me because my systems are at 2 different locations and I connect to all of them from both of the locations.

Bryan
07-26-18, 01:38 PM
They jumped me a coupleof years ago when I was bring up the new replacement machines. Rather than getting off my butt and walking to another room I was doing all the setups for Win and Linux from my laptop. It looked like I had 20 machines since they were dual boot. I started getting a nasty gram and then after a couple of days it did the thing of you are commercial. I called them up and talked to them and the support person told me to send in a description of what I was doing and then a printout of a couple of log files.

So told them about BOINC, gave them the link, and then explained it was volunteer scientific computation for medicine, astronomy, protein folding, etc. Once she got my email she marked my account as personal and I haven't had any more trouble until this bout.

Dandasarge
07-26-18, 04:12 PM
I've never had any of these issues. Maybe I'm just lucky? I really don't know? My GF lives in PH and everyone there uses the free TV to work remotely for US companies. I've been in office complexes there with hundreds if not thousands of people working and all of them are using the free version. I really after that thought they must not ever check. I've logged in from all over the world into alot of diffrent computers or VM's I wounder how I do it diffrent? I don't log in for long periods maybe 10-20 mins at a time. But they work for the most part 6 hour nights. with a 30m lunch in the middle so that would be about 3hrs at a time. Are ya'll longing in longer then that?