PDA

View Full Version : Free DC

joker
03-15-11, 12:11 AM
Is anyone else having issues with the loading of the free DC web site? Every time I refresh the site it takes over a minute, and sometimes alot more, for it to load. This is very annoying.

trigggl
03-15-11, 12:19 AM
Is anyone else having issues with the loading of the free DC web site? Every time I refresh the site it takes over a minute, and sometimes alot more, for it to load. This is very annoying.

I............ s........e..........e..........m............. t........o............. b.........e............. h........a..........v.......i...........n.......g. ............ t........h.........e.............. s........a.........m........e........... p........r..........o.........b.........l......... .e.........m..........!

Maxwell
03-15-11, 12:26 AM
I............ s........e..........e..........m............. t........o............. b.........e............. h........a..........v.......i...........n.......g. ............ t........h.........e.............. s........a.........m........e........... p........r..........o.........b.........l......... .e.........m..........!
That is bloody hilarious...:D

joker
03-15-11, 12:30 AM
Wait.................wait....................wait. ............................

Bok
03-15-11, 09:45 AM
Hopefully it'll only be a few more days will they switch on my 50/5 bandwidth. I'm on the phone with the ISP now as well as I think they have only one bonded channel open on the upload as well, driving me crazier than you believe me :)

Oh and I think running SlinCA does not help either with the crappy uploads. For the first time in any BOINC project I've been sorely tempted to pull the plug on this one prior to my 100K. At 83K right now and so much wish I was done with it..

Bok
03-15-11, 10:26 AM
*UPDATE*

Just had a rant with my ISP and they agreed to switch on my full wideband a little early :)

Just ran a speedtest and I got 72Mbps down and 4Mbps up

Can I get feedback from people on how access looks now?

DrPop
03-15-11, 10:59 AM
*Much* faster from SoCal now! \:D/

Fire$torm
03-15-11, 11:31 AM
*UPDATE*

Just had a rant with my ISP and they agreed to switch on my full wideband a little early :)

Just ran a speedtest and I got 72Mbps down and 4Mbps up

HUGE DIFFERENCE!!

joker
03-15-11, 01:19 PM
Way faster now! Thx Bok!

trigggl
03-15-11, 01:27 PM
Looks good from work. :D

Dandasarge
03-15-11, 02:00 PM
Same for me but I know my bottleneck is our 50kb switch.. What company has a T1 line hooked to a 50kb switch?

DrPop
03-15-11, 02:08 PM
Same for me but I know my bottleneck is our 50kb switch.. What company has a T1 line hooked to a 50kb switch?

Oh my...that is a serious bottleneck! They are paying for this T1 every month?! :p
Me thinks you could talk them into a new switch! :D

Bok
03-15-11, 02:14 PM

You'd be surprised how many....

Dandasarge
03-15-11, 06:16 PM
Oh my...that is a serious bottleneck! They are paying for this T1 every month?! :p
Me thinks you could talk them into a new switch! :D

You would think I could, after about year 3 I ran a wire from our service hub to a computer in my cube so when we get 600mb files I can just go over and get it done. I gave up on talking anyone into anything me here at 30 and the average age of the people I work with is probably 55. Its vary much “your just a dumb kid”. If they want to pay me to wait on everything I’ll dang sure do it. Yep I’m that dumb.

Mumps
03-15-11, 09:10 PM
*UPDATE*

And here I was blaming DNETC! That's much better Bok! :)