PDA

View Full Version : Has it really been 6 years?

STMahlberg
06-15-16, 06:03 PM
Hello all. I can hardly believe that it has been 6 years since I was last on here and I apologize to all that I may have disappointed. I lost touch with everyone and I have no excuse other than life came unwrapped for me and I wasn’t very pleasant to be around for quite some time. I have to say I have missed everyone here and I miss the crunching; unfortunately, the 10 rigs I had are long gone. I wouldn’t mind starting again but it would be rather limited especially with summer here and the temperatures running in the triple digits. Frankly, I don’t even remember the software or most of the projects but that will just take time again.

Hope to hear from you guys… even if it’s to say, “Get lost.”

Steve

Al
06-15-16, 06:48 PM
Steve....get lost! Kidding...always glad to have an old warrior return. Welcome back. We're stronger with you than without. Let us know how we can help get you back in the swing of it all.

Justgeo1
06-15-16, 06:52 PM
Hiya Steve! Great to see ya back with us! Just pretend you're a newbie and start small! We all have to start somewhere and restarting is always a challenge! I'm sure you can find fun topics to post to even if you aren't running 10 rigs! :)

zombie67
06-15-16, 07:00 PM
Hope to hear from you guys… even if it’s to say, “Get lost.”

Awesome! Welcome back!!!

Duke of Buckingham
06-15-16, 08:28 PM
I am lost in here for long time now, one thing is for sure for me, you can get lost in our team always.
I hope you can forgive each and everyone of us and get lost in here.
http://tipsofthescale.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/ending.jpg

John P. Myers
06-15-16, 08:43 PM
Welcome back STM! You have been missed

STMahlberg
06-15-16, 09:24 PM
Thank you all. I've installed BOINC and BOINC Tasks and setup Milkyway (my favorite), Cosmology (forgot how long those take), and PrimeGrid for now. I seem to be having issues with Milkyway though; the regular @Home files are giving me computation errors so I set the preferences not to send those until I figure out what's wrong. It's all starting to slowly come back to me. =)

John P. Myers
06-15-16, 09:27 PM
It's all starting to slowly come back to me. =)

Someone send this man an MT-2016 invite :D

cineon_lut
06-15-16, 09:55 PM
Never met, but I'm glad to change that! Welcome back!

Bryan
06-15-16, 11:21 PM
Hey Steve - great to see and hear from you again. It sure doesn't seem like it has been 6 years! Dang, that is hard to believe.

Welcome home!

STMahlberg
06-16-16, 03:09 PM
When I tried to login to BOINC Stats, it said no such user; so I re-registered using the same email as before. I have yet to receive an activation email which I have requested 4 times since yesterday and I am unable to find any contact information on the site to report this. I considered trying to register again but using the email that I use on here; however, I am concerned about what that may do to any of my previous stats. I don't want to lose them.

Does anyone know if this will cause a problem if I use a different email address?

c303a
06-16-16, 03:38 PM
Welcome back. It is always great to see "old timers" returning even if it is just to say hi. Hope to see you on the boards often.

DrPop
06-17-16, 02:38 AM
Wow! Man, good to see you on here! :) BOINC Stats or any of the other stats sites can't actually "delete" your previous credits. Those are all attached to your BOINC ID - the email address you use to log into projects. Hope that makes sense?

STMahlberg
06-17-16, 09:33 AM
Wow! Man, good to see you on here! :) BOINC Stats or any of the other stats sites can't actually "delete" your previous credits. Those are all attached to your BOINC ID - the email address you use to log into projects. Hope that makes sense?

Thanks. I finally got it fixed; I found an email address for the webmaster and he said that the system got jammed up and stopped sending emails.

STMahlberg
06-18-16, 12:22 PM
Okay... is it just me or does my avatar look stupid? Can you even tell what that is?

If you have nary a clue... it's the Area 51 mailbox that I took a picture of before someone decided they wanted it as a souvenir. Some people just aren't happy with a dice clock or a "I lost my a$$ in Vegas" t-shirt.

dcushing
06-18-16, 04:13 PM
Okay... is it just me or does my avatar look stupid? Can you even tell what that is?

If you have nary a clue... it's the Area 51 mailbox that I took a picture of before someone decided they wanted it as a souvenir. Some people just aren't happy with a dice clock or a "I lost my a$$ in Vegas" t-shirt.

I was going to say a mail box... looks like one

If that thing ever shows up for sale, I would charge that person with postal theft.
Taking mail box's is a federal crime.

STMahlberg
06-18-16, 04:54 PM
I was going to say a mail box... looks like one

If that thing ever shows up for sale, I would charge that person with postal theft.
Taking mail box's is a federal crime.

Funny thing is it belongs to a rancher but because it's only a few miles from Area 51, people think it goes to the base... or the aliens...

But yeah... *sigh*... dumb avatar. Going back to my usual theme.

dcushing
06-18-16, 10:31 PM
If U want an Rbox, contact Sphynx, in a PM.

he may be able to hook U up with 1.
Just needs a fan, which I posted earlier, in a link, to get.

I have one from him, replaced the fan, and its on hydra, going like gangbusters.
35 mill a day

STMahlberg
06-21-16, 05:38 PM
Holy crap...

I was checking my stats this morning and saw this:

Almost 705K in a single day??? :confused: :D The 7 rigs I had 5 years ago barely peaked into the 1 million a day range and these 2 systems I have now almost matched that... Wow! Times have changed.

shiva
06-22-16, 01:23 AM
hello STM good to see you back, been a while. hope you got things worked out over the past few years.

nanoprobe
06-23-16, 08:28 AM
Although we have never formally met welcome back. I can fully understand how life happens. Bites most every one at one time or another. I'm sort of a vagabond that wanders about from team to team but am now trying to have at least 1 project attached here all the time from now on. Crunch on. :cool:

STMahlberg
06-23-16, 09:03 AM
Although we have never formally met welcome back. I can fully understand how life happens. Bites most every one at one time or another. I'm sort of a vagabond that wanders about from team to team but am now trying to have at least 1 project attached here all the time from now on. Crunch on. :cool:

Life sure can and it's teeth are pretty sharp sometimes. :)

hello STM good to see you back, been a while. hope you got things worked out over the past few years.

Thank you Shiva... it is good to be back and everything is great now.

STMahlberg
06-26-16, 11:24 AM
FYI - I'll be in California next week visiting family so my rigs won't be on but I will be back on Friday. My roommate will be handling my mail deliveries but I'm reluctant to have her watch my rigs... so no credits for me this week. :(

shiva
06-26-16, 04:39 PM
have a good trip and be safe!!!!

STMahlberg
06-26-16, 08:19 PM
have a good trip and be safe!!!!

Thank you Shiva.