PDA

View Full Version : Collatz hanging...

STMahlberg
06-25-16, 04:24 PM
I've been running Collatz on my 3 HD5870's and as of yesterday they started hanging up. It will run all out then suddenly stop. All previous WU's will be done and reported but I see 180 WU's "Ready to Start" with nothing else happening. It's the only GPU project that I have on this rig. I don't get it. :confused:

I had an issue with Milkyway as well... all 3 GPUs would be working then only 1 would work; however, I ignored the issue and moved to Collatz for the increased credits.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

zombie67
06-25-16, 06:24 PM
Just FYI, can't read yellow text with the default background. I know it looks vivid against the alternate black. But not everyone runs that.

Al
06-25-16, 06:25 PM
Try suspending all cpu work on that machine and see if the gpus restart.

STMahlberg
06-25-16, 08:17 PM
Just FYI, can't read yellow text with the default background. I know it looks vivid against the alternate black. But not everyone runs that.

Sorry. Default background is hard on my eye. :)

Shandia
06-25-16, 10:08 PM
Are you using the newest Boinc? It's super touchy. Anything it sees using opencl Boinc will drop the gpu like a hot plate. I can't connect to my remote systems with remote desktop like I usually do for this reason. Any time I do, I'm forced to restart the system instead of logging out and have to hope for the best.

STMahlberg
06-26-16, 09:17 AM
Are you using the newest Boinc? It's super touchy. Anything it sees using opencl Boinc will drop the gpu like a hot plate. I can't connect to my remote systems with remote desktop like I usually do for this reason. Any time I do, I'm forced to restart the system instead of logging out and have to hope for the best.

Yes I am. I haven't had any issues with connecting to my other rigs though.

Try suspending all cpu work on that machine and see if the gpus restart.

I will try that. Thanks.