PDA

View Full Version : Health issues...

Justgeo1
08-27-16, 02:41 AM
I usually don't mention my health on here as this is not about me and my problems, but I have had one heck of a 2 week problem... About 2 weeks ago, I woke up with no voice, went to my ENT and after some tests it was discovered that the metastasized cancer I've been dealing with, had invaded my trachea. It looks like my right vocal fold is now completely dead as the tumor pulled the nerve apart. It was also taking up space that blocked my airway... I had surgery early today and the surgeon pulled a large tumor out... Now I can breathe but I still can't talk... maybe later my ENT can fix that and I'll be able to talk, but weakly...

I really hate cancer! :-??

Dave gpu
08-27-16, 09:55 AM
I usually don't mention my health on here as this is not about me and my problems, but I have had one heck of a 2 week problem... About 2 weeks ago, I woke up with no voice, went to my ENT and after some tests it was discovered that the metastasized cancer I've been dealing with, had invaded my trachea. It looks like my right vocal fold is now completely dead as the tumor pulled the nerve apart. It was also taking up space that blocked my airway... I had surgery early today and the surgeon pulled a large tumor out... Now I can breathe but I still can't talk... maybe later my ENT can fix that and I'll be able to talk, but weakly...

I can't even imagine what you are going through. Lots of prayers heading your way for a speedy recovery.

nanoprobe
08-27-16, 11:52 AM
Prayers for you and your family.

STMahlberg
08-27-16, 12:14 PM
My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Duke of Buckingham
08-28-16, 06:12 AM
Get better soon my friend.

dcushing
08-28-16, 11:56 PM

It sucks getting old. Had my colonoscopy last week, doc took out some polips (their was none 10 years ago), they want me back in a year.
and also the Doc wants to go down the throut (the other end), I got that scheduled for Oct 3rd.

yes, It sucks getting old.....

Justgeo1
08-30-16, 03:11 AM
It sucks getting old. Had my colonoscopy last week, doc took out some polips (their was none 10 years ago), they want me back in a year.
and also the Doc wants to go down the throut (the other end), I got that scheduled for Oct 3rd.

yes, It sucks getting old.....

Just make sure they use different probes for the upper test... :)

Justgeo1
08-30-16, 03:13 AM
Ok, I have an update... I had a major setback on Saturday morning... I collapsed onto my wife's side of our bed at about 3:45 AM Saturday morning... I was in serious trouble... I was white as a ghost and covered in sweat... she called 911 and they did a direct transport to the closed ER... they got me somewhat stable and then transported me on to the medical center where all my doctors work... I just got home about supper time last evening... They think I was very dehydrated after being NPO on one of the hottest days of the year... and with the surgery and everything, my body just could not handle any more... I spent my time getting IV fluids and getting poked from every direction until they decided it was not life threatening this time.... I am still a bit rocky but I'm feeling much better than Saturday morning... =:)

c303a
08-30-16, 10:46 AM
I've been through some of the things you had and so far I am good to go. I had throat cancer in '96 and a tumor in my hip in '01. After 3 sessions of chemo (5 days in the hospital each time) and lots of radiation on the throat and just radiation on the hip I am still doing great. Just keep doing what the docs say and do a lot of research on the side effects of what they are telling you to do and take. Some of the side effects can be hard to take. I had nerve damage to my back and have no feeling in my legs from the radiation but it is better then the alternative. Keep fighting and get well.

cineon_lut
08-30-16, 04:26 PM
Prayers for a speedy recovery! Thanks for keeping us posted.

pinhodecarlos
08-31-16, 05:56 AM
And I thought my issue was worst, being now unemployed in UK, with depression. My sympathies and prayers are with you. Fight as hard as you can.

Duke of Buckingham
08-31-16, 05:00 PM
Get better soon Carlos, we need you in here also, I wont start talking about diseases, I am fighting and winning some days, that are the days that count for me.

For both of you:
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/c5/c591b5e069e81ebc902b924483aff6b5ea4c6dcd32f6ecacf5 a054e9256ae7a0.jpg

Justgeo1
09-01-16, 07:10 PM
Get better soon Carlos, we need you in here also, I wont start talking about diseases, I am fighting and winning some days, that are the days that count for me.

For both of you:
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/c5/c591b5e069e81ebc902b924483aff6b5ea4c6dcd32f6ecacf5 a054e9256ae7a0.jpg

We all have some issues to deal with, so we do what we can, when we can... Thanks for the lovely "get well soon" cat! :)