PDA

View Full Version : Free-DC Campaign #12 part 2 is now open on Bitcoin Utopia

Bok
11-02-16, 03:37 PM
It's taken a while, but Henri has finally opened up the apps and such.

It will help pay for costs for the next year.

Bryan
11-02-16, 05:32 PM
Now that is excellent news!

Al
11-02-16, 06:44 PM
Now that is excellent news!
Are they going to offer a bfgminer wu? Last time I checked they didn't have one yet.

Fire$torm
11-03-16, 07:38 AM
And what is up with the non RSS announcement for campaign 12?

cineon_lut
11-04-16, 08:12 PM
I don't see any BFGminer preferences available except for campaign 7. And as of last night, they're not working with my Monarchs. Tasks taking forever, monarchs not generating any heat. :mad:

Mumps
11-04-16, 10:32 PM
Hmmm, interesting. My Monarch seems to have been running fine all day here. No way I'd have 1 Bil credits today if it wasn't. I still have fresh #7 bfg's in cache, and my RAC for BU on the Windows machine with the Monarch hasn't changed recently... And the fan is blowing warm/hot air just like it always has for me.

And MyShortPencils Linux Monarch looks to be healthy and busy as well.

cineon_lut
11-04-16, 10:52 PM
Hmmm, interesting. My Monarch seems to have been running fine all day here. No way I'd have 1 Bil credits today if it wasn't. I still have fresh #7 bfg's in cache, and my RAC for BU on the Windows machine with the Monarch hasn't changed recently... And the fan is blowing warm/hot air just like it always has for me.

And MyShortPencils Linux Monarch looks to be healthy and busy as well.

Yeah, i had two power supplies, each with a Monarch. BUT one of the power supplies failed, and the one that failed controlled the fans for both...so the 2nd one shut down when it got too hot. I have to dig for a power supply. Not sure it'll happen before Monday so I'm down for a few days from my 1.8BN/day. Sorry :(

EDIT: I wasn't even thinking to look at the monarchs since BOTH computers had tanked, I had blamed it on the switch in campaigns since it happened exactly at that point.

shiva
11-05-16, 12:11 AM
I have had 2 wu's hang and I caught them after they had both ran about an hour. not sure why the hang but one is at99.960% and 41.36 min and the other is at 99.996% and 54.16 min. I have them both suspended but guess it would be best to just abort them as I would guess they will neither validate.

cineon_lut
11-10-16, 11:06 PM
Well I have one back online. What I thought was a bad psu looks like a bad monarch. As soon as I plug the monarch in with any of the 6pin cables, the psu does not work. Gotta troubleshoot now.

Vic (mobile)

Mumps
11-11-16, 12:08 AM
Ouch! That sucks. And in the vein you started, my 1000W PS that was supporting my Monarch (plus an RK-100) died on Sunday. I just haven't made the time to order anything to replace it yet. So I'm down by about 800 Mil daily until I do that as well.

(The PS won't power up even if the mobo cable with the jumpered start pin is the only thing connected.)

cineon_lut
11-11-16, 12:11 AM
I don't even know where to begin with the troubleshooting. Any of the three 6 pin receptacles will cause the psu to not work. I might have to buy another. :/

Vic (mobile)

cineon_lut
11-11-16, 12:12 AM
I just haven't made the time to order anything to replace it yet.
(The PS won't power up even if the mobo cable with the jumpered start pin is the only thing connected.)

Well, I just bought a 500 W power supply that I don't need. I spent 45 bucks on it maybe we can work something out if you want it

Vic (mobile)

cineon_lut
11-12-16, 01:02 PM
Turns out my monarch may not be bad. I was getting by with a 550W supply on one Monarch before. I'm thinking the power draw on Campaign 7 is higher than previous projects I ran. The 500W runs it now after I reseated all of the fan controllers on the Monarch, but trips off as soon as it's under load.

SO: Crazy question, I have 3x6pin inputs on the Monarch. Is it possible to split the load on those between 2 500W power supplies? I'm thinking no, but I just wanted to check if anyone has done it.

Al
11-12-16, 02:52 PM
Turns out my monarch may not be bad. I was getting by with a 550W supply on one Monarch before. I'm thinking the power draw on Campaign 7 is higher than previous projects I ran. The 500W runs it now after I reseated all of the fan controllers on the Monarch, but trips off as soon as it's under load.

SO: Crazy question, I have 3x6pin inputs on the Monarch. Is it possible to split the load on those between 2 500W power supplies? I'm thinking no, but I just wanted to check if anyone has done it.
That shouldn't be a problem as long as you short them both out to make sure they both think they're connected to a computer. I did something similar when I was running 4 570's off of 1 mb.

Fire$torm
11-13-16, 11:49 AM
Btw, if y'all haven't noticed (I did just this morning), Henri has a bfgminer app for C#12!

Al
11-14-16, 03:26 PM
Btw, if y'all haven't noticed (I did just this morning), Henri has a bfgminer app for C#12!
Thanks F$ ! I'm on it. For anyone unaware, C-12 = FREE-DC = Bok

I can't think of a better cause!

cineon_lut
11-14-16, 06:50 PM
For anyone unaware, C-12 = FREE-DC = Bok

In that case, C-12 = HELL YES!

Switching over. I think (fingers crossed) I have my PSU issue worked out. Both monarchs are running. :D