PDA

View Full Version : Private Message Settings

Maxwell
03-20-11, 11:33 PM
I have two requests about Private Messages...

1. Could we up "maximum stored PM" limit? I'm running into the limit of 60 constantly, and it is harder than heck staying under it. There was a way to trick it on the old boards, but that has gone away...
2. Can we up the "maximum recipients" limit? We are limited to sending PMs to 5 people, and it would be nice if that restriction were not in place...

zombie67
03-21-11, 12:22 AM
+1 to both.

Bok
03-21-11, 07:07 AM
I'm fine with any storage consideration if the admins wish to change it. At Free-DC I have it set at 500..

Mr. Hankey
03-21-11, 05:15 PM
Yep, that can all be done. Give me the numbers you are thinking about for PM count and number of people / pm.

Maxwell
03-21-11, 07:24 PM
If Bok's ok with it, say 300 PMs and 50 recipients? The latter number is a bit ridiculous, but I don't really want to hit a limit on that...

Maxwell
03-29-11, 09:32 PM
Reminder/bump...

DrPop
03-30-11, 09:00 PM
BOK, thanks for the go ahead on this.
If I did everything right, I set the new limit for all "Members of SETI.USA" to be 250 PMs in storage and 50 recipients. So, if you see our Eagle Mascot above your avatar, you should now have the much improved limits in place.

Can anyone verify that the change took place? I have a different limit as Admin now, so I can't tell by my own ID.
Thanks.

Maxwell
03-30-11, 09:53 PM
Can anyone verify that the change took place? I have a different limit as Admin now, so I can't tell by my own ID.
Thanks.
Without actually sending a needless PM to a bunch of people or until I run into the limit again, I don't know how to verify it.

Thanks for taking care of it, Pop!

DrPop
03-30-11, 10:39 PM
Without actually sending a needless PM to a bunch of people or until I run into the limit again

I understand. I think if it shows you have x/250 PMs now instead of x/60, then everything's good to go. Just for the record, anyone NOT a Member of SETI.USA (no warm fuzzy eagle mascot above your avatar) still has the lower limits. If you want more...you know how to get it... join up! (OK, shameless plug.) :p

Maxwell
03-30-11, 10:50 PM
I understand. I think if it shows you have x/250 PMs now instead of x/60, then everything's good to go.
Oh. At the bottom of the page. I rarely make it that far down... And yes - It now says x/250. Thanks!

Gopher_FreeDC
03-31-11, 03:45 PM
I understand. I think if it shows you have x/250 PMs now instead of x/60, then everything's good to go. Just for the record, anyone NOT a Member of SETI.USA (no warm fuzzy eagle mascot above your avatar) still has the lower limits.

Yes, confirmed Dr Pop :) just so you know ;)