PDA

View Full Version : 2 Complete dual socket Intel ES V4 server/crunchers

nanoprobe
11-11-16, 07:35 PM
SuperMicro X10DAL-i mobo with 2 14c/28t 2.20GHz Intel ES V4 CPUS for a total of 56t. They turbo boost to 2.70GHz. under full load.
32GB DDR4 (8x4GB) 2133 MHz SK Hynix ram.
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn123/nanoprobe/IMG_0532_zpso7vqlv3d.jpg

Includes PNY GTX 750Ti
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn123/nanoprobe/IMG_0530_zpsnkafkdvp.jpg

2 CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU coolers and a 240 GB Intel SSD.
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn123/nanoprobe/IMG_0531_zpsfwivtevu.jpg

CoolerMaster Silent Pro 1200w Platinum Fully Modular PSU.
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn123/nanoprobe/IMG_0534_zpsuxqsasds.jpg

APC 1300VA 780 watt UPS
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn123/nanoprobe/IMG_0535_zpsdsrqdstw.jpg

Intel 240GB Pro series 5 SSD
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn123/nanoprobe/IMG_0521_zpsiz6z3w7w.jpg

Asking $1000 each shipped. Everything comes in the original boxes.
Both systems are exactly the same except for the PSU. The other has an EVGA SuperNova 1000G2 (1000 watts) fully modular gold rated. At full load these 56t systems pull less that 300 watts.

I have a third 36c/72t system I'll list later.

PM me if you have any questions.

Mumps
11-11-16, 07:45 PM
So, as a SuperMicro Mobo, does that mean they're in a SuperMicro 2U or 4U chassis? Looks like the face of one of the 4U's in that pic with the PS, right?

nanoprobe
11-11-16, 08:53 PM
So, as a SuperMicro Mobo, does that mean they're in a SuperMicro 2U or 4U chassis? Looks like the face of one of the 4U's in that pic with the PS, right?
These were not mounted in any chassis or tower. They are ATX form factor. Here are the specs (http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon/C600/X10DAL-i.cfm)

Bryan
11-11-16, 09:49 PM
Do these have the built-in Aspeed video and IPMI like the X10DRI? I didn't see them listed in the specs.

Bryan
11-12-16, 12:15 AM
I have a machine with very similar processors (56t 2.8G) and it really produces solid results. Blows the doors off the T5500s (X5675) and my I7-3930s. And that is on regular projects. On AVX like Asteroids/SRBase/Enigma there is absolutely no comparision because it supports AVX 2 with FMA3.

nanoprobe
11-12-16, 08:58 AM
Do these have the built-in Aspeed video and IPMI like the X10DRI? I didn't see them listed in the specs.
No onboard video on these. If the specs didn't list it I would assume there is no IPMI.

Haunted Forest
11-14-16, 12:31 AM
Hello, is this available or still available? I was looking at that motherboard a little while back

HF

nanoprobe
11-14-16, 06:43 AM
Still available.

MindCrime
11-14-16, 08:34 PM
I really hope someone on the team picks this stuff up cause I wish I could afford it now, maybe later when someone puts it up for sale. My next CPUs are definitely going to definitely be haswell or newer (need that avx2).

nanoprobe
12-09-16, 10:09 AM
EDIT

Didn't want there to be any confusion about this so I called SM customer support and they verified that the DAL-i board does not support IPMI. Sorry.

Also added some new pics and free shipping to OP. Will be going to e-bay soon.

Bryan
12-09-16, 11:37 AM
It may support IPMI but on the X10DRI boards there is a 3rd RJ45 LAN jack for dedicated IPMI. If that isn't connected then there is a mode "rollover" where it will share LAN1 with network traffic as well as IPMI. If the 10DAL board supports IPMI then it is sharing a LAN jack. Not a problem if it does but not the same as the boards I'm using. I have to admit I'm using the rollover mode on 2 machines because I'm running out of spare sockets on the network switches :D

For those that aren't familiar with IPMI, it is a remote interface on server boards. Remotely you can actually watch the machine boot and if you desire you can enter BIOS and change settings. For example, if you want to switch from HT on to HT off then you can do that remotely. You can remotely do anything just like you were sitting in front of the machine.

nanoprobe
12-09-16, 01:27 PM
It may support IPMI but on the X10DRI boards there is a 3rd RJ45 LAN jack for dedicated IPMI. If that isn't connected then there is a mode "rollover" where it will share LAN1 with network traffic as well as IPMI. If the 10DAL board supports IPMI then it is sharing a LAN jack. Not a problem if it does but not the same as the boards I'm using. I have to admit I'm using the rollover mode on 2 machines because I'm running out of spare sockets on the network switches :D

For those that aren't familiar with IPMI, it is a remote interface on server boards. Remotely you can actually watch the machine boot and if you desire you can enter BIOS and change settings. For example, if you want to switch from HT on to HT off then you can do that remotely. You can remotely do anything just like you were sitting in front of the machine.
Edited my other post to clear any confusion. Sorry.

nanoprobe
12-13-16, 08:59 AM
Headed to flea bay.

nanoprobe
12-15-16, 06:14 PM
Both sold. Thanks for the space.

DrPop
12-16-16, 12:23 AM
Sorry we didn't have the quan this time around. ;) They looked like awesome crunchers!

nanoprobe
12-16-16, 08:47 AM
Sorry we didn't have the quan this time around. ;) They looked like awesome crunchers!
NP! They went to good homes. :cool:

Mumps
12-16-16, 03:31 PM
Hopefully they went to good homes that paid you well. :)

Just keep posting things here when you can though. Eventually some of us may have money to splurge. :D

nanoprobe
12-16-16, 03:55 PM
Hopefully they went to good homes that paid you well. :)

Well enough. $-)

Just keep posting things here when you can though. Eventually some of us may have money to splurge. :D

I still have my 36c/72t machine that will go up for sale as soon as I reach 100 years on Zika at WCG. About 60 days out.

STMahlberg
12-16-16, 05:07 PM
I still have my 36c/72t machine that will go up for sale as soon as I reach 100 years on Zika at WCG. About 60 days out.

Anything that a retired senior on a fixed income can afford??? I might be able to sell some of my meds. =))

nanoprobe
12-16-16, 06:29 PM
Anything that a retired senior on a fixed income can afford??? I might be able to sell some of my meds. =))

You could always make payments at an affordable interest rate. =))

Bryan
12-16-16, 08:56 PM
I might be able to sell some of my meds. =))

For 4 or 5 months my brother-in-law has been having hellacious pain in his head and they have him on dope. A couple of weeks ago his health provider/insurance called him and told him they wanted him to immediately come in and take a blood test. When he got there and they mentioned the dope he asked; "Oh you want to check if I'm overdosing?". They said; "No, we want to make sure you are taking it and not selling it on the street!" =)) So there is a market out there :D

STMahlberg
12-16-16, 09:26 PM
You could always make payments at an affordable interest rate. =))

That just reminded me of an old Cheech and Chong skit... $50 down, $50 a month, for 50 years. :)

STMahlberg
12-16-16, 09:32 PM
For 4 or 5 months my brother-in-law has been having hellacious pain in his head and they have him on dope. A couple of weeks ago his health provider/insurance called him and told him they wanted him to immediately come in and take a blood test. When he got there and they mentioned the dope he asked; "Oh you want to check if I'm overdosing?". They said; "No, we want to make sure you are taking it and not selling it on the street!" =)) So there is a market out there :D

Isn't healthcare fun.

nanoprobe
12-16-16, 10:00 PM
That just reminded me of an old Cheech and Chong skit... $50 down, $50 a month, for 50 years. :)
Hey man, it was only an ambulance. Lite up another one. =))