Thread: Short deadline... long run time

Administrator

Short deadline... long run time

I just noticed that one of my rigs downloaded a wu that has a deadline of 12/21/16; however, the time left in BoincTasks shows 17d 6h. It has a very slow GT 710 running the task.

Should I be concerned?
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Administrator

Re: Short deadline... long run time

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    I just noticed that one of my rigs downloaded a wu that has a deadline of 12/21/16; however, the time left in BoincTasks shows 17d 6h. It has a very slow GT 710 running the task.

Should I be concerned?
    Probably. GPUGrid really requires higher end gpus now, even for the short tasks. You will get a wuprop star though, so all is not lost.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sphynx View Post
    Probably. GPUGrid really requires higher end gpus now, even for the short tasks. You will get a wuprop star though, so all is not lost.
    I've got a GTX 560M in my laptop, both have done okay so far; I've only run 13 valid tasks in the past couple of months. This will be the first one I've missed.

I will take the star though.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Ambassador from TSBT scole of TSBT's Avatar

Recently, I've gotten a few short tasks on a OC model 750Ti that ran between 20 minutes and 1:20 (1 hour and 20 minutes). I also got a long WU on a 1070 that ran 7 hours. And hours are hours, their all good.