+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back.

Carlos

I'm back.

Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've been here. Still active on the S@H forums but not so much here. The farm is long gone. I just could not support the $1,000 per month electric bill. But I still have a couple of quads crunching away and some iMacs. Even got myself a decent GPU.
    Since this is my first post on this forum, what level of membership will be displayed. I will not know until I post this sooooo....

Silver Member

Re: I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've been here. Still active on the S@H forums but not so much here. The farm is long gone. I just could not support the $1,000 per month electric bill. But I still have a couple of quads crunching away and some iMacs. Even got myself a decent GPU.
    Since this is my first post on this forum, what level of membership will be displayed. I will not know until I post this sooooo....
    Welcome to the new boards Carlos. Sucks that your farm is gone but understandable. You can put out a buttload of credit if you throw a 5800 series ATI card into those quads .

Gold Member

Hmmmm I think I have head that name somewhere before........ Welcome back!

GregK

hey carlos! wow its been awhile its good to hear from you again! what was it you used to have? about a dozen q9450's was it? back in the good old days before this gpu crap. it is true though the right card in a quad can get nearly 750k a day id imagine.

edit: oh ya i nearly forgot to mention that topgun division is recruiting! and a few other divisions are too but i dont remember their name.. lol
    Last edited by GregK; 03-22-11 at 03:44 PM.

Platinum Member

Yay! Another name I'm very happy to see again!

Other than the farm, I hope life has been treating you better as well.

Platinum Member

Welcome back Carlos! Good to see you again. Saw your name pop up as the UOTD in one of the projects and was wondering what you'd been up to. Hope your doing OK and that life has been treating you decent. Hope to see you posting more and sorry about the NEW MEMBER stuff, but we all had to start from scratch after moving here. I kept a little of the old boards as part of my sig line and there are plans to bring back the old info as an archive. Untill then, we are all pretty much newbies.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Past Administrator

Hiya there Carlos. Nice to meet you.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Welcome back Kotter..er,..I mean Carlos!
    6r39 7r199

Welcome back Carter

Past Administrator

Welcome HOME, my man!
    Good to see you. You can definitely get a LOT more credits for a LOT less $$$ in electricity by getting some high powered GPUs in one of your rigs. It's just the way the game's played now, I guess.
    Thanks for throwing your points in the pot for us...look forward to seeing you around these parts!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast