I started crunching for SETI so long ago I forgot what year it was. First my personal computer and later I added my kids computers after hours. On and off for years during several moves around the country and then SETI kinda dropped off my RADAR and it's been years since I last contributed to the project.

Recently I finally replaced my old gaming laptop with a new gaming computer and while watching a TV show about space science yesterday it mentioned the SETI project. Well, I booted up my system, installed BOINC and set it to running SETI@HOME when I went to sleep for the night.

Today when I woke up I found that my results had jumped up by 20%! What!?! What a vivid example of how much faster computers are now compared to not that many years ago. In just a few days I will double the number of results I had spent years gathering when all this started.

I have not searched the forums but I wonder what the managers of this project have seen concerning the amount of results returned over the years. Does the increase of computing power offset the loss of interest (like me) and loss of contributors? Has there been a loss or actually and increase in the numbers of contributors due to the price drop of computers? If anyone has links to this type of information I would be happy to read up on it.

I've been a member of this forum before but this is the first time I've posted. I apologize for the length of the post!

Brian