Thread: Back to BOINC from AFK and Happy Chinese New Year!

Xuyongchen

Red face Back to BOINC from AFK and Happy Chinese New Year!

Hi guys,

I left BOINC for about 2-3 years since 2013 or 2014 because of my undergraduate studies and now I am back to BOINC again

Seems like things have been changed a lot during that period and many of my familiar projects have been finished by those scientists which is a good news to me

Glad to see that SETI.USA SETI.GERMANY as well as other familiar teams are still strong teams in Pentathlon games! Really good job! Team China still has a looooooong way to go and we still have tons of things that we want to learn from you guys.

Several days ago, it was Chinese traditional new year. The year of rooster/hens/chicken. Wish everybody here a happy and lucky year of 2017!

Yongchen

Past Administrator

Re: Back to BOINC from AFK and Happy Chinese New Year!

Ni hao, Yongchen! Yes, this is my year, I am a "metal cock" or so the Feng Shui books tell me. Glad to see you are returning to some BOINC crunching, and best wishes to Team China, you guys have grown a lot in the last several years. If you take Bitcoin out of the equation, you are in the Top 10 of all teams in the world, and roughly producing credits on parity with us.
    Have a great new year over there!

Administrator

Welcome back Yongchen and a Happy Chinese New Year!
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Xuyongchen

Ha~ I am 24 and this year is also my year~~
    Bitcoin, hmm, seems like this is a quite new project for me. Just know little things about Bitcoin projects(I know 1-2 projects which provided GPU WUs with a lot of credits maybe 2-3 years ago, I think it called Distregon or something). I understand the feeling of making a LOT of credits with powerful GPU (Yes! the first time that I joined BOINC challenge was a GPU challenge running DNETC@home and I was at around 200 places with a Radeon 5850) and most of my credits were gained by my GPUs

Congratulations to SETI.USA for your Silver medal in last year's Pentathlon! SETI.USA is a great team as usual! Well, Team China got her first little silver medal in one of five projects and hope we can do better this year

Xuyongchen

U 2! Happy Chinese New Year!
    鸡年大吉!(Good luck in the Year of Rooster!) We would like to say this sentence because 鸡(category of all kinds of chicken/hens/Roosters/Chicken McNuggets) and 吉 (good luck) generally have the same pronunciation.

Platinum Member

The year of Chicken McNuggets. I like that. I bet that was never the plan so many years ago when the cycle was established.

Past Administrator

Aloha!

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6