Hey folks,

With my Teensy project entering the programming phase, I was working out how I was going approach it when I received an email from DrPop. He had an extra Parallax kit [Board of Education (BOE) Shield-Bot] laying around that is daughter Kat had lost interest in and was offering it to me. WOW! Like a totally answered prayer! DrPop is really one awesome dude!

So Thank You sir for the generous help. Much appreciated.

My Parallax Robot

This bot uses the Arduino Uno board. It's one of the easiest Arduino's to program. Uno will be a huge help with my Teensy project. Parallax has a really good tutorial, online and in PDF format, that seems to cover everything to get this bot moving. I have chosen to use the PDF to help keep things portable while I'm learning to program on my laptop. Also, I'm using OwnCloud to keep all the Arduino IDE files synced between my lappy and desktop systems.

On a side note, totally free products like NextCloud/OwnCloud will pretty much kill the dependency for online file sharing services like Google Drive, DropBox, etc. with all the restrictions and data mining that those services impose on it's users. So like if you are really into file sharing, you should seriously consider spinning out your own NextCloud server. They offer builds for Raspberry Pi, Linux, Macs, and Windows. I've even found a derivative of NextCloud for my BeagleBone Black!