Just a status update for everyone. Due to the "monster" workunits people have been seeing I've made a couple tweaks server side and started to run some new searches (although the results I've been getting in have been extremely cool).

These new searches will start back with the smaller workunits and get progressively larger in size, so if you start seeing results with names like 'exact_genome__6_' or 'exact_genome__7_' those are from the new searches. If these start to see runtimes wildly out of line with credit please let me know.

Also, I've updated the work generation to have dynamically generated deadlines as opposed to a fixed 7 days. This should make the deadlines get longer as the workunits get more complex, so people won't see WUs that will take longer to compute than their deadline anymore. If the deadlines seem a bit off please let me know.

On top of that, I've been working on a new version of the application which will also be able to run on GPUs. I think this may address some of the other weird issues we've been seeing with the "monster" workunits as well. Will keep you posted as this develops but hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to start testing an OpenCL version of the application that can run on NVidia or AMD GPUs.

More...