Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New GPU app

Silver Member

New GPU app

GPU app
    As some of you may have already noticed, there is a GPU version of Enigma software available for testing. It requires nvidia GPU, and probably will run on anything that supports CUDA, I have tested it myself on a couple of low end cards and it ran just fine, except that the system was lagging and WU runtime was very long.

Until yesterday it required app_info to run, this was changed and currently it will be sent to any host that has 'beta work' allowed in preferences. I have reset the beta flag to off for everyone.

The app is marked as "beta" because there are still some issues both on the client and server side. Also, currently the GPU app runs via wrapper and that causes some issues, for example, this page says that interrupting GPU app while it is running the kerney may cause system crash. This is worst case scenario and so far I haven't seen it myself, but I assume it's possible.

Other than that, if left untouched, the app runs smoothly. At this moment it'll only run on CUDA device #0.

Progress bar does not work with the current version of the wrapper, but it's not a high priority thing at this moment, as tasks are relativery short: from ~20 minutes on GTX1050 to around 3m30s on 1080Ti. The app uses internal checkpoints and will automatically resume from the last checkpoint if restarted.
    26 Jun 2017, 18:22:48 UTC

Administrator

Re: New GPU app

So has anyone got any of these to complete successfully. If so, what cards and what drivers. Mine all end in computational errors after a few seconds.

Diamond Member

I am able to get them to complete, no problem. This is on windows machines, with a TITAN and two 750 Tis. I am using the latest drivers from nvidia.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Advisor - Stateside Division

Mine also fail after a few seconds. I've just installed the VC2015 C++ package though, so when I get any new tasks we'll see if that fixes it.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    Mine also fail after a few seconds. I've just installed the VC2015 C++ package though, so when I get any new tasks we'll see if that fixes it.
    After I installed VC2015 yesterday it started working. Before that they failed immediately.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    After I installed VC2015 yesterday it started working. Before that they failed immediately.
    They still failed with the VS2015 installed for me. I'm now updating my driver...

Administrator

Nope, no good. I get and immediate message that emigma_cudu.exe has shut down. If I close that warning box the wu fails. If I don't it appears to run on the .352 cpu it reserves. Not my favorite way to get to 100 hours...but...

Administrator

100% failure rate (Computation error) on the GPU app for me also.
    I have gotten rid of my app_info file altogether and updated my Nvidia driver, but no go here on both my machines.

Administrator

Oh, and I also installed a app_config I found on their forums .... don't know if that helped or not but my GTX 1080 is loving it.

Administrator

I did manage to get my 1050ti to work, but none of my other cards (500 series) receive work or, if they do, they error out immediately. Well, one is better than none.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast