Thread: Rosetta download problem

Administrator

Rosetta download problem

I have a machine I tried to download some Rosetta work. I attached and it tries to give me multiple WU but the machine hangs up on the downloads. In the messages it says that that the server may be down but my internet connection is okay.

Other projects (Pogs/Acoustic) will download fine ... it is just Rosetta that has problems.

I brought up another instance of BOINC on the same machine and attached to Rosetta. Everything downloads and runs without a problem.

I'm at a loss on this one. Any ideas?

Silver Member

Re: Rosetta download problem

I couldn't get any work on one of mine either, same error, must be rosetta.

Administrator

On another machine I brought 4 instances of BOINC - each using 1/4 CPU. 3 worked fine but the 4th did the same thing. Tried detaching/attaching multiple times but each time it had the same problem.

I'm at a loss!

Administrator

FOUND IT!

Something happened to my BOINC Preferences when I attached to Rosetta on those 2 BOINC instances (on different machines). The max Network speed was changed from zero to 2 kb/s in the preferences so all of the downloads were timing out. It is either some kind of problem with Rosetta -or- Boinc Tasks because both of those BOINC instances have been running a very long time with no problems. It only occurred when I tried to attach to Rosetta.

Ambassador from TSBT scole of TSBT's Avatar

What messages were in the log?

Administrator

All it showed was couldn't communicate with project - server may be temporarily down. Internet access OK.

Earlier in the day when I was trying to attach some machines to Rosetta I had BoincTasks hang up. I waited for 10 minutes and then killed BTasks using Task Manager. That may have caused a glitch and 1 BOINC instance on 2 different machines got screwed up. After correcting the preference file on both machines they attach and pulled work without any problem.

BTW, they did attach without any problem. It just couldn't finish the WU and executable downloads.