Thread: Still run ATI/AMD GPUs good?

Past Administrator

Still run ATI/AMD GPUs good?

I was just looking at my GPU projects that could use a little more credit since I *hope* we won't be running the A/C at the office all day soon. . .since I still have two of the AMD cards, does Moo! wrapper still crunch pretty fast on these? I remember at one point there was something special you had to do to get the 7970 running on this, hopefully that is all fixed? The two AMD cards I have left are R9 280 which are essentially a 7970Ghz edition, I believe.

Administrator

Re: Still run ATI/AMD GPUs good?

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    I was just looking at my GPU projects that could use a little more credit since I *hope* we won't be running the A/C at the office all day soon. . .since I still have two of the AMD cards, does Moo! wrapper still crunch pretty fast on these? I remember at one point there was something special you had to do to get the 7970 running on this, hopefully that is all fixed? The two AMD cards I have left are R9 280 which are essentially a 7970Ghz edition, I believe.
    Yes, Moo is a good place for them. The OpenCL is faster than the ati14, but unless there is an app_info somewhere to specify which one you want the project decides on which one you get. I got OpenCL on my 7950 and ati14 on my 7970. Give them a thread while you're at it.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Al; 11-18-17 at 09:16 PM.

Past Administrator

OK, will do, thanks. Be curious to see which ones they give me. Is it worth running the NV GPUs on it at all, or find something else for them when the weather gets cold enough?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    OK, will do, thanks. Be curious to see which ones they give me. Is it worth running the NV GPUs on it at all, or find something else for them when the weather gets cold enough?
    Might be if you can get the OpenCL, I could only get cuda31. Run much longer so they don't pay as well as ati.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk