Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: dead

Gold Member

Re: dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Shurtz View Post

I recently retired (Sept 11th) but found that the myth that you're busier at times than before you did to be true for me.
    I have been retired for a few years now and I still find I don't know how I ever had time to go to work. sure don't have time to be bored. doing more things I want to do other than things I had to do.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Gold Member

we just finished up processing our 4th deer today, well I still have to cook 20 lbs of jerky tomorrow. take me a few hours on the bq's. still have 3 tags to fill after the first of the year. not sure we are going to fill them though. we had a pack of coyotes take down a 400 lb calf the other night so we spent some time trying to call them. no luck there then we lost 3 more baby calves to them. so we brought in the traps. got 4 the last 2 nights. must be at least 10 more in the area as we had 3 packs answering our calling.

Administrator

Wow!
    Don't see too many coyotes around T-town.
    A few stragglers around the outskirts have taken out my brother-in-law's family pets now and then.
    You have a bounty on them in your area?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Shurtz View Post
    Wow!
    Don't see too many coyotes around T-town.
    A few stragglers around the outskirts have taken out my brother-in-law's family pets now and then.
    You have a bounty on them in your area?
    no not a bounty but we can sell the skins for 25.00. the farm is located about a mile south of the smoke hill river. lots of grass land and canyons in the area, prime coyote country.

Platinum Member

Still here running some Asteroids. This past year has been a real struggle financially and it's caused me to be less active. Maybe things will be better by summer.

Btw what's the invite code for xansons?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post

Btw what's the invite code for xansons?
    The invitation code is: x4c-updates

I had to search the forums and found that it shows only on the project accounts of existing users. That way team members can let the other folks on their team create accounts. I didn't know they had added that little quirk.

The bulk of the work has already been done but they will release a small amount of work something like once a month. They just did some a couple of weeks ago.

Gold Member

Grand daughter is taking nursing and talks about a prof teaching about eating healthy while he is at the front weighing 300 lbs and eating a huge chocolate bar. Of course my daughter had one that used to leave the assignment in a note on the door while he was doing "research" so class was canceled for the day. Nothing like spending money for nothing.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Platinum Member

My brother was the FA for a Chemistry Professor back when he was working through college. He led the class more often than the Professor did.

Gold Member

Wow Shiva! Lots of stuff going on in your neck of the woods! I've been on a shoot for the whole month of December. 7 day weeks, 12+ hour days or nights. I'm typing this from the back of an Uber on my way to the airport to head home for Xmas/NEw years. Then back for Jan.

Thanks for the xansions code, Bryan!!! I may try that out. Anyone want to hit the Rosetta challenge against boinc Italy?

Vic (mobile)

Platinum Member

Well, I could always use some Rosetta credits, and with me finally hitting my goal on YoYo/Evolution, I guess I might have a few cores to throw in. Just added one new host and find there is no "Rosetta" work currently available. Only the "Rosetta Mini" app that I don't want hours on. That's the challenge that starts after the New Year, right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast