Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting problem.... any advice?

Platinum Member

Re: Interesting problem.... any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Sphynx View Post
    Glad they are looking at it and hopefully MSI will come up with a remedy that is free to you.

As you all know, I lost a MB to a psu failure recently. When I got the replacement board I put the same H100i cooler on it. It would throttle at idle and over 75c. Prior to that temps had been acceptable. I replaced the cooler with a Hyper 212 evo yesterday and 100% load temps are less than 50c on all cores. I drilled the tanks on the H100i and got all of 1 - 2ozs of fluid out of it. So it does evaporate because there was never any sign of leakage. This is why I prefer air coolers for cpus. GPUs are another story and mine suck enough to where it was never a concern.
    Exactly. And the point i was trying to make is the sound the pump makes is nearly the same whether it's pumping liquid or spinning in air. It's only noisy when it tries to pump air and liquid at the same time.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Well If I find one that isn't cooling like it should, I'll open it up and see what is going on with it. I've seen some reports of where people have used the pump body with a refillable reservoir.

That may be an option..... patching in a reservoir is easy, distilled water is cheap. (as long as they are running pumps)

Not against "elegant" engineering here.

Gold Member

I've been very happy with my NZXT AIO coolers. A couple years ago I had one spring a leak shortly after 1st install, soaking my GPU and MB... they replaced the cooler (with an upgraded/larger model) and handled my GPU RMA. They also tested the MB and found it to be undamaged. Overall I was very pleased with the RMA experience: http://www.setiusa.us/showthread.php...er-RMA-Journey

Silver Member

I breezed this thread so if i'm off let me know.

For some reason could it be a GPU config? I doubt they were in crossfire config before but for some reason could the removal of one screw up the config as if there were two cards and I dunno try to overdrive 1?

If neither cooling solution from the cards was removed/altered and their fans/pumps are spinning I believe this to be totally on the MOBO or software side. Obviously remove any bridge/jumpers. If you haven't try to reconfigure the previous build where it was running "nominally". See if things are "aight". If they are maybe "disable" the card as much as possible while it's still physically installed, turn off 2nd gpu in all global apps (afterburner etc), turn off/uninstall device without removing said driver. Reboot, check things, if normall power down remove card. Boot, check things... this is where my trouble shooting needs input, I guess. I hope I'm not just rambling without any kind of perspective. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12