Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Antec Kuhler

Silver Member

Re: Antec Kuhler

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    There is a comment under that item that I found interesting:

That's a good question. I wonder how all the other suppliers for the home-build industry are doing because of the GPU situation? Are build volumes down significantly?

Personally, I just aborted a build because of it. Bought a used machine instead.
    I'd think the prebuilt companies get hit the hardest. The crypto miners are buying from the same outlets as the home-builders so they won't be hurt, I mean they're the ones driving the prices up. Demand doesn't make it cost any more to produce anything at the foundry, the lack of stock is how newegg, microcenter, tigerdirect can justify upping the price. It then behooves AMD/Nvidia to keep demand up and focus on quality/efficiency than overall throughput.

Diamond Member

Antec Kuhler

Quote Originally Posted by MindCrime View Post
    I'd think the prebuilt companies get hit the hardest. The crypto miners are buying from the same outlets as the home-builders so they won't be hurt, I mean they're the ones driving the prices up. Demand doesn't make it cost any more to produce anything at the foundry, the lack of stock is how newegg, microcenter, tigerdirect can justify upping the price. It then behooves AMD/Nvidia to keep demand up and focus on quality/efficiency than overall throughput.
    I am talking about all the other component suppliers for the self-build industry. For example, if I am putting off a build because of GPU prices, that means I am also not buying a case, a PSU, a mobo, etc. So are those suppliers being hurt because of GPU prices? It could be hurting the whole industry, aside from the GPU suppliers. Miners don’t buy chassis. And only one mobo per many GPUs, where normal builders are closer to one mobo for each GPU. Same with PSUs, heat sinks, liquid cooling, etc.

OTOH, DIMM suppliers are doing just fine due to demand in other markets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

Re: Antec Kuhler

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    I am talking about all the other component suppliers for the self-build industry. For example, if I am putting off a build because of GPU prices, that means I am also not buying a case, a PSU, a mobo, etc. So are those suppliers being hurt because of GPU prices? It could be hurting the whole industry, aside from the GPU suppliers. Miners don’t buy chassis. And only one mobo per many GPUs, where normal builders are closer to one mobo for each GPU. Same with PSUs, heat sinks, liquid cooling, etc.

OTOH, DIMM suppliers are doing just fine due to demand in other markets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Agreed. I've been seeing things like:
    "I'm putting off my next build until GPU prices come down"
    "Doing a budget build/upgrade until GPU prices come down"
    "Great bargain while GPU prices are high"
    "Bitcoin prices are just GPU futures"

I wasn't really thinking that far, my mind didn't seem to really go past the retailers rather than suppliers. I was thinking Newegg, MicroCenter, TigerDirect are doing great! And I didn't give a thought to cooler master, corsair, seagate, western digital, intel (?), antec, rosewill, SSD markets for sure but a lot of those guys make RAM too. What's driving the DIMM market, commercial data?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12