Thread: Ryzen 2400G CPU

Silver Member

Ryzen 2400G CPU

FYI if anyone was interested in a build with the new Vega APU, buy a decent fan upfront. The AMD 65TDP cooler it ships with wouldn't even keep 6 cores (had to disable the apu) below 80 degrees without Tthrottle installed. Just got around to throwing a cooler master 212 turbo on it and its running mid 50's fully loaded.

Platinum Member

Re: Ryzen 2400G CPU

So far it's looking like the Ryzen Zen+ 2700X is ~10% faster than then Ryzen 1700 when both CPUs are held to the exact same frequency and using the same RAM speed. The NDA lifts in 2 days so we'll have more solid numbers then, but if this 10% holds true, it's almost equal to all of Intel's IPC increases from Sandy Bridge to Coffee Lake combined.

Diamond Member

Yeah. So far, this is looking like just a speed increase. No improvements in AVX performance, that have been mentioned.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Diamond Member

"Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Reportedly there is a Ryzen 2800X on the way that's even faster. No news on when though

Threadripper with the hopeful AVX fixes is still looking like towards the end of the year.