Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Barebone Kit

JerWA

Re: Barebone Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    No need to snail mail it. I could fire up my FTP server and he could download it and burn it to disk or use WinSetupFromUSB 1.0 Beta 7 / 0.2.3 (DL from here or here) and install from a thumb drive.

Then all you have to do is email him the Key.

My UP/Down Speeds

^ I'm going to have to send Frontier hatemail, my upload is off pace.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by JerWA View Post

^ I'm going to have to send Frontier hatemail, my upload is off pace.
    Nice UP speed. Unfortunately for me this part of Michigan is considered a technically repressed market (My term). Way too close to Detroit

Example: We went back to Comcast recently and they originally installed an ARRIS gateway with a Netgear WNR1000N router. The Netgear sucks goats. So after two days of me complaining they installed the Xfinity Gateway, an SMC SMCD3GNV EZ Connect, that they advertise on their website. We are the FIRST residents in this market area to get it!!!! How lame is that?

Sorry for the hijack. I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.....

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

F$ - OK, so...you want me to make an ISO file from that Windows XP Pro CD and then upload it to your server?

Ricky - If you want this install of XP Pro, PM me and I will email you the key.

Gold Member

The Netgear sucks goats
    I think I have heard that someplace before......

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    I think I have heard that someplace before......
    hahaha!!!..................we sure got that "goat thang" going on with this team!

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    F$ - OK, so...you want me to make an ISO file from that Windows XP Pro CD and then upload it to your server?

Ricky - If you want this install of XP Pro, PM me and I will email you the key.
    Nope. I already have ISO's of XP Home, XP Pro w/ SP2, XP Pro w/ SP3, XP Pro x64 w/SP2. I also have Vista x64 and all the versions of Win7 x64. Pick one

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Nope. I already have ISO's of XP Home, XP Pro w/ SP2, XP Pro w/ SP3, XP Pro x64 w/SP2. I also have Vista x64 and all the versions of Win7 x64. Pick one
    This sounds a little weird coming from another guy F$, but I want to get into your server. Any of those Win7's bootable?

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    This sounds a little weird coming from another guy F$, but I want to get into your server. Any of those Win7's bootable?
    They all are. I also have Win2K and Win98 somewhere... Plus other stuff

Edit: BTW - You can install Win7 without a key and use it for 30 days. M$ FINALLY woke up and realized that they would get more authentic users by building Windows as trialware. Only took them 30 years........
    Last edited by Fire$torm; 04-07-11 at 09:18 PM.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

JerWA

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    They all are. I also have Win2K and Win98 somewhere... Plus other stuff

Edit: BTW - You can install Win7 without a key and use it for 30 days. M$ FINALLY woke up and realized that they would get more authentic users by building Windows as trialware. Only took them 30 years........
    Actually you can run it for 120 days using rearms:
    http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/1...7-to-120-days/

Hacking the registry key that keeps count might work forever as well:
    http://www.mydigitallife.info/2010/0...s7-rearmtask4/

But, this stuff usually gets fixed over time, so I'm not sure that the unlimited rearm thing still works (or will work with SP1). The 3-times rearm thing is legit and intentional, so you've definitely got at least 120 days (assuming you did it on the last day of the 30 day trial each time, since left over days are just lost).

Edit: Forgot to mention, if you're looking for a good price, get together with a friend or two and buy a family pack key for Win 7. It's like $150 for 3 keys. Or you can always find someone in college to buy you the $30 student upgrade version if you know how to make it into a custom iso that will install clean instead of just upgrade. Lotsa options.
    Last edited by JerWA; 04-08-11 at 03:46 AM.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by JerWA View Post
    Actually you can run it for 120 days using rearms:
    http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/1...7-to-120-days/

Hacking the registry key that keeps count might work forever as well:
    http://www.mydigitallife.info/2010/0...s7-rearmtask4/

But, this stuff usually gets fixed over time, so I'm not sure that the unlimited rearm thing still works (or will work with SP1). The 3-times rearm thing is legit and intentional, so you've definitely got at least 120 days (assuming you did it on the last day of the 30 day trial each time, since left over days are just lost).

Edit: Forgot to mention, if you're looking for a good price, get together with a friend or two and buy a family pack key for Win 7. It's like $150 for 3 keys. Or you can always find someone in college to buy you the $30 student upgrade version if you know how to make it into a custom iso that will install clean instead of just upgrade. Lotsa options.
    Rearm? Never saw that one. Cool!!!

The family pack is a really good way to save money but it has an undisclosed limited time of availability. So if your gonna go that route act soon as M$ will pull it without notice.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast