Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Computers & Accessories !!!

Friend of SETI.USA

Free Computers & Accessories !!!

I've decided to stop running BOINC except for a few Laptops, if anybody is interested & wants to make the trip to get what computers I have their free to 1'st come 1'st serve. What I have is 10 3700k Computers still running, 5 or 6 that are not running. My prognosis on the not running ones is several need new power supplies & the others I don't know. I have new power supplies, several new motherboards & some spare memory & a ton of fans for the not working ones to fix them but at my age I'm just not ambitious enough anymore to fix them as I also have other interest that keep me from bothering to fix them.

All the computers & parts new or used that I have I'm will to just get rid of, if nobody wants them they'll just go to the next recycle event that I can get to just to get rid of the stuff & clean out my garage some. Shipping I don't want to do as it would be just to much of a hassle to box up 15-16 computers & all the stuff that would go with them, if interested let me know & we can work something out for you to get them ...

Should be known none of the computers have Video cards except for 1, I'm just running them with the on board CPU Video, I do have a few Video cards laying around that would go with the computers though, I pulled them to save on energy costs.

I should add that all my ASIC stuff will go with the computers too ...

I'm located in the Flint Michigan area 48458 about 5 miles north of Flint ...
    Last edited by STE\/E; 05-08-18 at 04:14 AM.

Silver Member

Re: Free Computers & Accessories !!!

Wow. Thanks for offering your equipment to SETI.USA members. As you wind down your distributed computing career, may I say how fortunate we have been to be associated with one of the greatest individual crunchers of all time. Great job, Ste\/e.

Diamond Member

Great offer Steve!

What town/state are you located in? That would probably help people decide if they are close enough to take you up on your offer.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Great offer Steve!

What town/state are you located in? That would probably help people decide if they are close enough to take you up on your offer.

I'm located in the Flint Michigan area 48458 about 5 miles north of Flint ... Edited original Post to show the same ...

Friend of SETI.USA

I should add that all my ASIC stuff will go with the computers too ...

Platinum Member

Hmmm, 6 and a half hours. I should make that run just to visit one of your Starbucks and share another stop.

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Great offer Steve!

Bring It ... lol ... And bring a big truck ...

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myshortpencil View Post
    Wow. Thanks for offering your equipment to SETI.USA members. As you wind down your distributed computing career, may I say how fortunate we have been to be associated with one of the greatest individual crunchers of all time. Great job, Ste\/e.

+1
    Like a quarterback that wins the Super Bowl, being the #1 ranked cruncher in the world is something that gets you remembered forever. Thanks for all of your contributions over the years, STE\/E.

It's an 11 hour drive for me so i'm sure several people would beat me there

Administrator

Steve, it has always been a pleasure crunching with you and watching you throw up those huge numbers. We will miss your competitive spirit. I also regret that I never got to stop for a visit when visiting my in laws. I really wanted to see your setup in action. Only a couple of miles, but it's been several years since we've been up there. We are coming up this summer, maybe then. Take care!

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Friend of SETI.USA

Welp Dave (Mumps) just left for Wisconsin after a 3-4 Hour Visit here in Michigan, he took all the available Computers I had & a lot of accessories with them. I still have a lot of older ASIC's for mining, 100 & R Box's if anybody wants to come & get them, if not they'll be going to the recycle center when the next recycle event takes place ...
    Last edited by STE\/E; 05-09-18 at 10:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast