Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone

Thank you for accpepting me to SETI.USA. This is my gratuitous post as required per the welcome message.

I run Boinc and am attached to the following projects:

Seti @ Home
    Cosmology @ Home
    Primegrid
    Citizen Science Grid
    Einstein @ Home
    Milky Way @ Home
    Universe @ Home

Over the years I have used many different computers (been engaged in this for 10+ years). Currently I have two computers (laptops). One being an Dell Inspiron 5559 i7-6500U @2.5/6 Ghz 16gb RAM Windows 10 and the other a Dell Inspiron P24T Celeron N3050 @ 1.6 Ghz 2gb RAM Ubuntu 18. Witihin the next couple of weeks I will be adding a desktop which I will more likely than not run Ubuntu on.

I manage the clients from a central machine (the Dell 5559) and will do the same with the new machine that comes in.

I'm sure like many of us some of my interests and hobbies are computers, Unix (I work professionally as a Senior Unix Systems Admin/Architect/Engineer though lately I do more C and Perl programming than anything else), Astronomy, Mathematics, Baseball (go SF Giants!).

I'm glad to be apart of the Seti.USA community and will now go and peruse the forums looking for conversations I might want to join.

Thanks again , May the Cores be With You.

Ron

Administrator

Re: Hello Everyone

Welcome Ron.

You should fit right in.
    The forum has been a little slow lately.
    Summer activities are upon us and we just finished up our annual participation in the BOINC Pentathlon.

Come often, explore, and converse.
    The "New Posts" menu item at the top of the screen is a good way to see what has happened since your last visit.
    We have some great members here ready to help out with questions or just shoot the breeze about a common interest.

Again, Welcome, and don't be a stranger.

Platinum Member

Beer!

In other words, welcome! Come on in! Stay a while and start messing with the locals!

Gold Member

welcome to the team and forum hope you enjoy your time with us. glad to have you aboard
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Gold Member

Welcome and don't be a stranger.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Silver Member

Welcome to the team!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone. I guess the next thing I need to do is find me a cool avatar.

Ron

Testing out the signature thing. I found that on the web. Are their different ones? It seems that mine looks different than everyone else's. I'm kinda new to the whole badging thing and noticed them in everyones signature. Are their better/different web sites to go to to create those signatures?

Thanks,

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson View Post
    Testing out the signature thing. I found that on the web. Are their different ones? It seems that mine looks different than everyone else's. I'm kinda new to the whole badging thing and noticed them in everyones signature. Are their better/different web sites to go to to create those signatures?

Thanks,
    Ron, in your signature setting on this forum, surround your signature url with [img]..[/img] and your signature should actually show the image, like this:

Administrator

I do note that you are not actually a member of our team yet according to FREE-DC stats site.
    You do this at each individual project by joining SETI.USA. If you need help doing this just let us know and we'll walk you through it. Once showing as a team member it will open up a whole new world on this forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast