Thread: Deer Amber Alert

Diamond Member

Deer Amber Alert

Someone seems to have kidnapped all the deer as I didn't see a single one during the entire opening weekend of bow hunting. ;-) The actual (good) news is that the Collatz server had no outages while I was busy this past weekend. That's a welcome relief from the troubles last year although the real test starts Friday when I leave for vacation since the Slicker-sitter is not a system admin and I won't have Internet access for most of the time I am away.

More...

Platinum Member

Re: Deer Amber Alert

My son went up Friday to put up their stands. The weather was miserable and all he brought home was a tick.

Gold Member

All I saw this weekend was Juanita, Jack, and Dick. That's Janita El Zippo, Jack Squat, and Dick Bupkis. I think someone has kidnapped all the deer.

Past Administrator

Hahaha!
    I remember one time when I was a kid, my Dad took me deer hunting with him. We didn't see a blasted thing the entire time. When we came home, there were deer tracks EVERYWHERE in our yard, and if memory serves, he was NOT real happy about that!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    All I saw this weekend was Juanita, Jack, and Dick. That's Janita El Zippo, Jack Squat, and Dick Bupkis. I think someone has kidnapped all the deer.

lol...I live down in the southeastern part of the state of Illinois very close the the river/border. Geese land on my pond all the time as well as deer come to drink all the time and hang around in the bottom area well in sight of my 30.06...the dogs sometimes run the wild turkeys around the deck where I had to duck as about 20 showed up out of nowhere one day....hell let me know what you want....but u pay shipping

a few short deer stories...the day I bought this place 2 does came out of the bean field about 150yds away...each had a set of twins. Another time a doe jumped over my goldwing at about 3pm on a hot summer day about a mile from my house....as I ducked and looked at my right mirror catching one of her back hoves. The last one is the best...about 3-4 yrs ago took the bike to work and about 50 ft from the stop sign to the hiway had to stop while 2 ten pointers and a eight point stood in various places and both sides along the corn field close to the stop sign. Standing up with my arms crossed and we stared at each other for about 5 minutes...nobody wanted to move!! Finally honked my horn and they scattered every which way...
    Last edited by Spankinmonkee; 10-27-10 at 06:25 PM.