Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DHEP (Distributed Hardware Evolution) - LIVE

Administrator

Re: DHEP (Distributed Hardware Evolution) - LIVE

Quote Originally Posted by Username is valid View Post
    Never been away, my ID is permanently there under active users !
    See Pete has brought more threads to his cause
    Yeah, it looks like he has added a couple of Thread Rippers to his arsenal. I'm thinking about doing a 64t TR2 but instead of adding I will retire 2 of the X5675 24t machines.

Username is valid

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Yeah, it looks like he has added a couple of Thread Rippers to his arsenal. I'm thinking about doing a 64t TR2 but instead of adding I will retire 2 of the X5675 24t machines.
    Retire as in turn them off until you turn them back on again or get rid of ?
    Congrats Pete on grabbing the 100M spot

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Username is valid View Post
    Retire as in turn them off until you turn them back on again or get rid of ?
    Now that is a good question with an unknown answer Come Pentathlon time they might get the cobwebs blown out of them

Gold Member

Still remember to run this project, when IBM java was quicker 'than standard' java.

Gold Member

Last time I ran this project was in 2005 and in one hour of testing the client on three cores I’ve made more 5400x (effort) than my previous 30 days in one core effort. I need to finalise some work for Gaps then I’ll get back to this amazing project which I remember being very fanced about it. I’ve run the standalone client which is faster than boinc one.

Back in 2005 the IBM java was faster than the Sun java, I’ll need to dig out if it still stands. Along side Ubero these two projects were faster with IBM’s java.

Gold Member

I’ve played around the two java versions and I didn’t see any difference, maybe I’m not using the valid IBM java version since I’ve downloaded a public version. Also it’s difficult to benchmark the client. Anyway, I’m using the standalone client since I can easily control memory usage. Also I’ve noticed when java service is running the antivirus kicks in so I had to exclude the project folder from it. Still 12 hours to finish my gap work so I can turn on 4 threads of the client with 3.5GB allocated.

Gold Member

Where can I find the overall project stats on FreeDC stats page?
    The overall stats from DHEP are available here: https://www.dhep.ga/statsrankings.php

Advisor - Stateside Division

I'm only parsing the boinc exported stats from DHEP.

Way back in the day I used to parse those when they were available in cvs format.
    Last edited by Bok; 07-30-18 at 08:29 AM.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
    Last time I ran this project was in 2005 and in one hour of testing the client on three cores I’ve made more 5400x (effort) than my previous 30 days in one core effort. I need to finalise some work for Gaps then I’ll get back to this amazing project which I remember being very fanced about it. I’ve run the standalone client which is faster than boinc one.

Back in 2005 the IBM java was faster than the Sun java, I’ll need to dig out if it still stands. Along side Ubero these two projects were faster with IBM’s java.
    I was wrong on my assessment led by wrongly reading the stats. Previously the total effort was the same as the evaluated circuits which for my case I had 400M. After 15 hours I’ve reached 144M which the rate will come down from those 5400x. I slept on the subject and I couldn’t understand where were the gainings since 13 years ago (32 bits vs 64 bits client, number of cores, frequency, productivity of single core, java improvements).

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    I'm only parsing the boinc exported stats from DHEP.

Way back in the day I used to parse those when they were available in cvs format.
    Do you want me to contact Michael on the subject?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast