Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clean Sweep of Team Firsts?

Gold Member

Re: Clean Sweep of Team Firsts?

Stupid question, do I need to be running other BOINC projects alongside this one? I've never ran this project before neither read what their purpose.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
    Stupid question, do I need to be running other BOINC projects alongside this one? I've never ran this project before neither read what their purpose.
    Here's a link to the project science

There are 2 Goofyx projects, one is for CPU and one NCI. The one we're working towards 1 billion on is the CPU project.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by FourOh View Post
    A challenge where I don't have to make any effort to participate? Perfect! I'm pretty much on cruise control these days due to RL stuff, so I'll stay on it for a while.
    Well, since you, Ron (looks like EG is back on it too) are committing I'll continue to 100 million. This will get us fairly close to 1 billion. I am moving my 3 linux machines to other goals, so my daily production will be down a little.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sphynx View Post
    Dropping active threads to 23 decreased the amount of errors, but didn't eliminate them. I've lowered the active threads to 22 to see if that will do the trick.
    22 threads eliminated the errors I was getting.

Silver Member

Late to the party. I have about half a days worth of rake search cache to go through then I'll be adding to the cause.

Ok for the bad news....

I lost blackhawk-1 today, don't know what happened, it just up and quit on me.....

Refuses to boot. it does post, but won't even allow me into bios..... I get nothing on the screen.

It is also the last two 7990's I have that were working. So that means both Primegrid and Goofy CPU production is going to take a hit over the next week or so....

Good news, new MB is on the way. that will get at least 40+ threads back working. I just don't know if the 7990's will make it through the cold sink cycle. The last six didn't when I shut them down for cleaning.

Too late to worry about it, it's shut down now. Will have to see when I get the machine rebuilt.....

Sorry Guys...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Egilman View Post
    Ok for the bad news....

I lost blackhawk-1 today, don't know what happened, it just up and quit on me.....

Refuses to boot. it does post, but won't even allow me into bios..... I get nothing on the screen.

It is also the last two 7990's I have that were working. So that means both Primegrid and Goofy CPU production is going to take a hit over the next week or so....

Good news, new MB is on the way. that will get at least 40+ threads back working. I just don't know if the 7990's will make it through the cold sink cycle. The last six didn't when I shut them down for cleaning.

Too late to worry about it, it's shut down now. Will have to see when I get the machine rebuilt.....

Sorry Guys...
    No worries. It's always fun to build new stuff. More fun when you do it because you want to and not because you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sphynx View Post
    No worries. It's always fun to build new stuff. More fun when you do it because you want to and not because you need to.
    Yeah I know, but going from 18 GPU's down to 1 in less than 6 months? Difficult to take.

Anyway I hear that Nvidea is about to announce the 1100 series either this month or next.... EVGA is heavily selling their 10 series cards at solid discounts and is out of hybrids. (MSI is doing the same)

Rumoured price point is in the middle 7's....

Got to wait on acquiring cards anyways, they claim it's 40% more powerful than a 1080ti at only 200 watts. No announcement on a hybrid version yet though.... (the manufacturer's are real closed mouth on it)

1080's should be coming down in price soon.....and if they are any good at mining.....

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Egilman View Post
    Yeah I know, but going from 18 GPU's down to 1 in less than 6 months? Difficult to take.
    I'll bet your power bill appreciates the change.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    I'll bet your power bill appreciates the change.
    Well I'm sure the power company isn't happy, but the wife sure is....

Well a brand new X10-DRi-T arrived yesterday, Now I get to install it and hope the 7990's made it thru the cold sink. It does have on-board video just in case though, at least I'll be able to get the 48 threads back if they didn't.

Go Team!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast