Thread: The significant other

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Platinum Member

Re: The significant other

Quote Originally Posted by Clank [MM] View Post
    I thought it was time to push a couple projects over the billion mark. Then my wife saw the electric bill for the last 2 months. Even in 100 degree heat the air conditioning kept up but $1050 for a 2 month total had her asking me about the status of our marriage. So ya, cards are shut down. At least until it gets cold. Even with everything up I was surprised to see that I was around 12% for the team. I should have been around 1%. Are VC's out of style now? The landscape does look different but I am seeing the old guard still here. Hope everyone is doing well. For myself and Shiva the big 19 is coming up in November. Never would have seen that coming. Anyway I wish everyone the best, Patrick.
    That definitely falls under RL. I'd give them the summer off. Question: What portion would you estimate of that electric bill is BOINC and BOINC related cooling?
    Summer is definitely a good time for hibernation.

Vic

Gold Member

Re: The significant other

my wife always complained that the puters were the cause of our high elect bill. this summer i have shut off the hot tub, and two pumps that were pumping 3,000 gallons an hour each in our fish pond. haven't heard a word about the electric bill all summer. guess some things take more than the puters.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]