Thread: Time to think

Time to think

Daniella has received a number of orders this month from customers who want to have custom computers built for them. Using only the clues below, match each customer to his computer's specifications, including hard drive size, amount of RAM and processor speed.

1. The build with 6 GB of RAM has a hard drive that is somewhat smaller than Alejandro's build.

2. Alejandro's system has 8 GB of RAM.

3. Billy's computer has a 512 GB hard drive.

4. Doug's computer has a hard drive that is 128 GB larger than Charlie's system.

5. The computer with 1 GB of RAM has a hard drive that is 128 GB larger than Charlie's system.

Let's see who can post first, good luck.

Administrator

Re: Time to think

It is too late (midnight) to work on a deductive reasoning problem but you ain't gonna get processor speed

Administrator

Seems to me that the data in the clues is incomplete.
    Nobody is going to get what they expected.
    Especially no processors. LOL

This puzzle is similar to the one below.

Danielle has received a number of orders this month from customers who want to have custom computers built for them.
    Using only the clues below, match each customer (Alejandro, Billy, Charlie, and Doug) to his computer's specifications, including hard drive size, amount of RAM and processor speed.

1. Of Billy's build and the computer with a 1.6 GHz processor, one has 4 GB of RAM and the other has a 384 GB hard drive.

2. Of Alejandro's computer and the computer with a 1.6 GHz processor, one has a 256 GB hard drive and the other has 4 GB of RAM.

3. Charlie's system, the system with 8 GB of RAM, and the build with 1 GB of RAM are three different computers.

4. The system with a 3.8 GHz processor is either the computer with 3 GB of RAM or the system with 128 GB of hard drive space.

5. The system with 1 GB of RAM has a hard drive that is somewhat smaller than the system with a 2.4 GHz processor.

6. Billy's build, the computer with a 1.6 GHz processor, and the system with 1 GB of RAM are three different computers.

7. The computer with 8 GB of RAM is either the computer with 512 GB of hard drive space or the computer with a 1.6 GHz processor.

I would like to tell you I planned that but it's a broken puzzle and I missed it. Cut and paste, sorry for that.