Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Einstein: GDPR: don't lose your credit statistics!

Diamond Member

Einstein: GDPR: don't lose your credit statistics!

Hi everyone,
    glad this news item's subject line grabbed your attention* If you care about your credit statistics at external BOINC statistics sites like BOINCstats.com you want to quickly read the following post (and its thread): https://einsteinathome.org/goto/comment/168176
    Please leave your comments and questions over there as well as this post was just meant as an additional heads-up.
    Cheers,
    Oliver

More...

Administrator

Re: Einstein: GDPR: don't lose your credit statistics!

*** EVERYONE WITH AN EINSTEIN ACCOUNT! ***

You have one week from today to allow Einstein to export your stats to external stat sites if you so desire.

They have defaulted your option to do not export.
    You have to sign on in the next week to change it to "Yes" if you want your stats to continue to be exported.

See below.

I want to remind people that in one week, our stats exports will change and honor the option Do you consent to exporting your data to BOINC statistics aggregation Web sites?
    If you want to have your stats exported, and have not changed this setting, to YES, please do so in Account -> Preferences -> Privacy. Also, I have been informed that at the BOINCstats Web site, your user history may be lost if you do not consent to the stats exports before we update our systems on 2018 Dec 17th. If this is something you care about (BOINCstats history), please change your privacy preferences.

Einstein@Home Project

Platinum Member

And don't forget to do it at Albert as well if you haven't already.

Gold Member

Thanks guys for the reminders!
    6r39 7r199

Gold Member

ahhh yea thanks, got r done
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Platinum Member

Check.

Advisor - Stateside Division

This was enforced as of yesterdays xml output.. The #users in the export file fell from ~469,000 to only 2619....

They will all be deleted at my stats within a few days as I put in a short deferral for now..

I imagine LHC will follow suite at some point.

Platinum Member

And I still managed to drop 9 places overall today. But I can't see how, when I try to pull up the Project User list, the sort by overall credit doesn't seem to be working. (Or even when you click on your position in your project listing, it no longer takes you to you position within that same sorted list. Even using stats3 that Total Credit sort is all broken, at least for Einstein, today.)

Past Administrator

Grrr...I can't believe stuff like this. What kind of a nanny state world do we live in? Why on earth would the "default volunteer cruncher" NOT want their credits reported after all the donated electricity bill?! Point being, it should default to YES so no one loses their credits, and people who actually care to block it (I'm estimating this percentage to be a negligible tenth of one percent of all crunchers) could just switch it to NO. These people's kind of thinking puzzles my brain.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Grrr...I can't believe stuff like this. What kind of a nanny state world do we live in? Why on earth would the "default volunteer cruncher" NOT want their credits reported after all the donated electricity bill?! Point being, it should default to YES so no one loses their credits, and people who actually care to block it (I'm estimating this percentage to be a negligible tenth of one percent of all crunchers) could just switch it to NO. These people's kind of thinking puzzles my brain.
    yea I agree, and i'm going to appoint you,Jeb to watch my account after I die and keep it all active. that way they can't make me go away.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast