Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Einstein: GDPR: don't lose your credit statistics!

Administrator

Re: Einstein: GDPR: don't lose your credit statistics!

It's going to be ALL BOINC projects since it is part of the new server version. The only question is when the projects upgrade.

So it appears that if you retire from BOINC what you accomplished will be gone after 3 years. That sucks!

Diamond Member

I agree. We need a dedicated thread to notify the team, as each project adds the requirement. Then we can subscribe is desired.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

I think it is time for a team email on this. maybe we can get some that haven't been around for a while to respond and change there pages. might save us a lot of credit.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Platinum Member

Ultimately I would expect this is not the intended result. If you join a team, the points you generate for the team were never supposed to go away. There is no identifiable relationship between the user points and the team points. And when a user leaves a team, the team points aren't decreased by the amount of points they had when they left... GDPR is related to personally identifiable information. Team points aren't any part of that.

Think about it from the viewpoint of those of us that jump around between teams to "give a helping hand" at times. I may currently have 53 million points on Project X, but I only generated 15 mil of those for the team I'm on when I disable exporting stats through this GDPR mechanism. So, the team I was on now loses 53 mil, rather than the 15 mil I actually added to *their* coffers. I can imagine changing to a competitors team with GDPR enabled, so SETI.USA keeps my 53 Million points and the "new" team only gets whatever I produce from that day forward. Then I turn off GDPR and watch the other team have 53 million points taken away. switch back to SETI.USA, then re-enable GDPR export. Miraculously SETI.USA will acquire an *extra* 53 million points?

Administrator

@mumps - if that is the way it's gonna work I have this burning desire to crunch for GridCoin

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    @mumps - if that is the way it's gonna work I have this burning desire to crunch for GridCoin
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

If they erase the history, they will kill Boinc. That's like removing stats from baseball. Some may argue but to me this is all about the stats. I know too many people that retired but had excellent numbers that still stand up against current crunchers. They deserve to be there. Does anybody know what will happen with retired projects?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123