Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anyone have a detector for sale ?

Diamond Member

Re: Anyone have a detector for sale ?

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Ordered. I will report back later.
    Working! Thanks!

One note: The instructions require to "-Open the Windows Device Manager. You should have a section labeled Ports (COM & LPT) with a device named USB-SERIAL CH340 with the com port used in parentheses, Remember that com port number." The problem is that only my very old (4th gen intel) machine even has a "ports" section in the Device Manager. None of my newer intel or AMD machines have a "ports" section. Perhaps this is something like a legacy setting in the BIOS of newer machines that could be turned on? Not sure. So before you decide to buy this device, double check your Device Manager.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Ambassador from TSBT scole of TSBT's Avatar

Re: Anyone have a detector for sale ?

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Working! Thanks!

One note: The instructions require to "-Open the Windows Device Manager. You should have a section labeled Ports (COM & LPT) with a device named USB-SERIAL CH340 with the com port used in parentheses, Remember that com port number." The problem is that only my very old (4th gen intel) machine even has a "ports" section in the Device Manager. None of my newer intel or AMD machines have a "ports" section. Perhaps this is something like a legacy setting in the BIOS of newer machines that could be turned on? Not sure. So before you decide to buy this device, double check your Device Manager.
    So it's not working on a newer AMD machine?

EDIT: See if the info on this page will help. Check the section labeled "Native method to mount virtual COM ports in Windows 10"
    https://www.virtual-serial-port.org/...on-windows-10/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345