Thread: FreeDC and badges

FreeDC and badges

This has probably been addressed but I noticed my badges do not update at FreeDC. I do see them listed for other members but I'm missing all of my 5 and 10 year badges. Does anybody know what the cause is? Thanks

Advisor - Stateside Division

Re: FreeDC and badges

Did you change your name over at WCG recently ? They are peculiar in that they use the name rather than the ID that I have to connect to. The name I have for you in the DB is not pulling any data back, though it could also be due the spaces (which I can correct for if necessary)

Code:
    -bash-4.2$ ./wcg_badges.pl bwcg
    Project is bwcg

Processing bwcg.....

processing Persch, Patrick J., id = 540418, checked = Y
    cpid = 7d66b07c7d278c751e1ca88ec1c9c0a8
    check to see if any entries are on badges table first
    badgecount = 10,daily is 1, checked = Y
    Checking for new entries
    url is http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/stat/viewMemberInfo.do?userName=Persch, Patrick J.&xml=true
    success
    id is 540418

Advisor - Stateside Division

I dug into this a little more and updates your name to be Clank [MM] in my table and ran it and it updated the badges.

Thank You, problem fixed. That name change was done a few years ago. I did it to all of my projects. I just never questioned the missing badges. people stopped using there own names, started pushing nicknames. Not that it really matters but removing my name from the post would be cool. As always, thanks again. Oh and thanks a lot for showing how many 10 year badges you have, I can never catch you guys....

Administrator

@BOK, so a question. When I go to my FreeDC stats in the very upper right there is a box that shows "Milestones". Not the Most Milestones but a box to the right of that. The last milestone it shows is from April 18, 2011 and the others listed are from before that. Is that supposed to update?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    @BOK, so a question. When I go to my FreeDC stats in the very upper right there is a box that shows "Milestones". Not the Most Milestones but a box to the right of that. The last milestone it shows is from April 18, 2011 and the others listed are from before that. Is that supposed to update?
    yea just goes to show you haven't had any milestones for years. i have only had one sense 2011 though.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by shiva View Post
    yea just goes to show you haven't had any milestones for years. i have only had one sense 2011 though.
    Maybe if I try real hard I can get another one Maybe that's the problem, I just haven't been earning any new ones!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Maybe if I try real hard I can get another one Maybe that's the problem, I just haven't been earning any new ones!
    maybe the problem is that you have earned all of them there is to get.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]