Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which projects use AVX-512?

Diamond Member

Re: Which projects use AVX-512?

It looks like the new MT genefer app at prime grid uses AVX-512, and shows a lot of performance.

Edit: Maybe not yet. I misread what the developer was saying, I think. Sounds like he will be adding AVX-512, and expects big improvements over AVX2.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Diamond Member

FWIW, my new build with a i9-9820X (10/20 C/T), using the win 64 bit AVX-512 app does a task just under 1300 seconds with HT on. With HT off, it takes about 1150 seconds. I thought with only 2 512 processors, that would be the throttle-neck, so turning off HT would at least cut the time in half. Guess I was wrong. Anyway, this is all without any OC. I will try that soon.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Many projects benefit from L3 because the CPU will load the entire .exe into L3 if it fits which greatly reduces latency compared to RAM. But since we typically use all threads on a CPU simultaneously, there's no room for that many instances. The i7-5775C is a very underrated CPU because so few people took advantage of the massive L4 cache.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12