Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From Memphis TN, Hello everyone.

From Memphis TN, Hello everyone.

I guess I will start with a little background about myself. I was once a neurophysiologist until I had a stroke 3 years ago. Now I just try to find things to do. It had been a long while since I had done any crunching. So, I thought now would be a good time to start back.

Best Regards,
    Chris Q.

Administrator

Re: From Memphis TN, Hello everyone.

Welcome to the forums.
    Don't be afraid to ask any questions you might have.
    There are some folks here that have crunched about every project you can think of.
    They are a great resource.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Shurtz View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Don't be afraid to ask any questions you might have.
    There are some folks here that have crunched about every project you can think of.
    They are a great resource.

I thank you Ron and I appreciate the warm welcome.

Gold Member

welcome ewok126 glad to see you here. I agree it is a great time to start back up with your crunching. like Ron says there is lots of help here if you need it. happy crunching
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Platinum Member

Welcome and have fun

Gold Member

Welcome to the forums! There's a few of us here who have been through some medical challenges. I'm glad you're able to start crunching again.
    6r39 7r199

Silver Member

Welcome, hope to see you join us for the pentathlon soon!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    Welcome to the forums! There's a few of us here who have been through some medical challenges. I'm glad you're able to start crunching again.
    I appreciate the warm welcome Trigggl. I would have thought that after 3 years I would not be having the challenges I have but, such as life.

Quote Originally Posted by purplecfh View Post
    Welcome, hope to see you join us for the pentathlon soon!

Purplcfh, Sounds like fun but to be honest, I have no idea what that is or even how to join for such and much less how to set things up to participate. Here is the thing, I have noticed from reading and such that you folks have turned crunching into a very complex art form. My mental capabilities since my stroke is about that of a spoon. Back when I was crunching it was just a DL and run. Now it seems there are strategies and such, terms I have never heard before etc and so on. I have literally lost 1/4 of my brain. The sad part is I can remember what it was like to not have such issues. According to neurological testing I can retain what I am told for about 3 minutes at best (Now my wife can no longer say it is due to selective hearing). Needless to say I try to keep notes, directions etc. Following complex setups is a major issue. Heck, I can't even get around on facebook now. To think I was a neuropsychologist prior to my stroke. Now I cant even work a stove due to I forget to cut it off. Sorry for the book, I guess what I am trying to say is unless someone is willing to talk me through step by step on set up to even be able to compete and I am talking like one would explain to a 5 year old, I would not be of much use. It would be fun for me though for sure.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok126 View Post
    Purplcfh, Sounds like fun but to be honest, I have no idea what that is or even how to join for such and much less how to set things up to participate. Here is the thing, I have noticed from reading and such that you folks have turned crunching into a very complex art form. My mental capabilities since my stroke is about that of a spoon. Back when I was crunching it was just a DL and run. Now it seems there are strategies and such, terms I have never heard before etc and so on. I have literally lost 1/4 of my brain. The sad part is I can remember what it was like to not have such issues. According to neurological testing I can retain what I am told for about 3 minutes at best (Now my wife can no longer say it is due to selective hearing). Needless to say I try to keep notes, directions etc. Following complex setups is a major issue. Heck, I can't even get around on facebook now. To think I was a neuropsychologist prior to my stroke. Now I cant even work a stove due to I forget to cut it off. Sorry for the book, I guess what I am trying to say is unless someone is willing to talk me through step by step on set up to even be able to compete and I am talking like one would explain to a 5 year old, I would not be of much use. It would be fun for me though for sure.
    No worries, we can handle the strategy for you by telling you where we need you to point your machine(s) during the event.

My father had 2 mini stokes in his brain stem 15 years ago, and he gets up every morning and tells us that "God gave me another day to pick on you guys." He takes everything with stride and fortunately never lost his sense of humor!

Even though it's tough when you think of how it used to be, you sound like your doing well, s d we hope you continue to do so in the future and hang out with us for a long time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast