Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lappy needs project

Past Admin

Re: lappy needs project

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    None that I know of. Primaboinca is a perfect choice for this P3 lappy right now due to the fixed credit system. It will really help it out.

A similar type deal, I built up an old P4 rig for my front desk here at the office, so if I killed my big rigs running BOINC stuff O/Ced, my office wouldn't go down.
    It's the original P4 - ASUS P4T-e mobo maxed out: 1GB RAMBUS RAM, P4 Northwood core, Socket 478 at 2.8GHz. MMX, SSE 1 & 2only. GPU is the AGP Matrox Parhelia 256MB. Running Win XP.
    This rig topped out around 1150 - 1200 per day from Androinc, and ~1400 or so from AQUA (but WUs were really long).
    Happily, with the fixed credit system now, this rig just passed 1450 average points / day with Primaboinca, and is still climbing. WUs are just under 2 hr.s usually.

So...long winded, but hope that info helps someone; best bet for these older rigs is Primaboinca, and the good news is, doesn't seem to be much hit for running the older 32bit OS like there is with AQUA and was with AndrOINC.

And it adds up!!....250 Cs per day x 30 days= 7500 more pr month than if running androic...
    Now if only we had 30-40 old rigs like that...( and I bet we do!) we could easily muster up some 200.000 pr month..Not to shabby!!
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    And it adds up!!....
    Now if only we had 30-40 old rigs like that...
    Hehehe...and in that vein of thought, I just tried it and successfully O/Ced that old P4 to 3.02 GHz. If the O/C is 7%, that ought to drop my WUs from 1:58 to 1:50 per. I'll report back if it worked.

On that note - Dan, can you meet me with the 200MHz O/C and get your 2.2's running at 2.4?

GregK

all good info! primaboinca and wuprop running on it and going smoothly moderate cpu heat lvl but nothing it cant handle. another p3 will go online in a few days if im lucky the 2ghz desktop too. al least it helps with wuprop i remember someone said we need 120 machines over there. well if anyone has an old box not running maybe fire i up for a bit?

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    On that note - Dan, can you meet me with the 200MHz O/C and get your 2.2's running at 2.4?
    They are all dell's, not much I can do with any of them. One is about to get replaced with a 3.2 duo with my old 8800 should bump my rack 75k or so. Then I'll pass that one onto a buddy hopefully he will keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by GregK View Post
    all good info! primaboinca and wuprop running on it and going smoothly moderate cpu heat lvl but nothing it cant handle. another p3 will go online in a few days if im lucky the 2ghz desktop too. al least it helps with wuprop i remember someone said we need 120 machines over there. well if anyone has an old box not running maybe fire i up for a bit?
    I have my old farm in storage someplace I'm sure 10 750 P3's would be hilarious to run but I might just do it, or maybe I should throw them out? I'll try to butter my dad into letting me try on his servers one more time.
    Last edited by Dandasarge; 04-13-11 at 10:47 AM.
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12