Thread: Yoyo: New Project M Queens

Diamond Member

Yoyo: New Project M Queens

We started M Queens as new project in yoyo@home.The M queens puzzle is the problem of placing M chess queens on an M x M chessboard so that no two queens threaten each other; thus, a solution requires that no two queens share the same row, column, or diagonal. Curently it is a test application only available for Linux64 and we are running some test workunits for M=24. We did already M=20 and verified the results. As next step we will verfy the number of solutions for M=27. If everything runs well we might go to find solutions for M=28, which is currently unknown.

More...

Diamond Member

Re: Yoyo: New Project M Queens

Sounds like this is no short-term project. Sweet!
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Diamond Member

Re: Yoyo: New Project M Queens

Yoyo:
    Curently it is a test application only available for Linux64 and we are running some test workunits for M=24.

Me:
    When you get to M=27 or M=28, will there also be an app for windows available? Or will it always be linux-only?

Yoyo:
    There will be a Windows app on the next days. I will also run a small test with the Windows app. Afterwards I'll go to M=27.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne