Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Did You Get Your Name?

KaoticEvil[SETI.USA]

How Did You Get Your Name?

Good idea, DrPop!

There we two, count em, !!2!! of these on the old boards, and I've always kinda liked reading where others get their names.. So, here we go... (Here, and here for those who are interested.)

How did you get/pick/choose your nick?

Mine is a modified version of Chaotic Evil, changed when I played MMORPG's back in the day and the game only allowed 10 characters for the username...

Advisor - Stateside Division

Re: How Did You Get Your Name?

This is 'Bok' from a 1973 episode of Doctor Who. I just wanted a simple nick way back when and this was always one of my favourite episodes

Gold Member

People have been calling me a little joker since I was a kid. Needed a nick back in the BBC days (I feel really old now) so I used that. When the Batman movie came out (the Tim Burton one) and Full Metal Jacket......Its been with me every since.

Past Admin

Copy/paste of my answer back then:

Well I just love a good beer. And that is pretty much it...

The avatar is made by Sarge. I wanted it to reflect that my family has a german origin...(yep - thatīs rigth...My great-great something moved from Germany to Denmark in the late 1700 or beginning 1800...)

Gold Member

One of the most docile twin engine airplanes I ever flew was a Cessna 303a. Small, 6 place with an airstair door, and totally underpowered in my opinion, but it was an absolute joy to fly both in good weather and bad. I've flown a lot of small twins from Beech's to Cessna's, Piper's and Aero Commander but I liked the C303a because it wouldn't bite you in the a$$. Therefore c303a.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Back in the old days when I first joined up at amdmb.com "PcPerspective now" they had started a Seti team where most of us used animal names ect....well the competitor in me wanted more (14 at that time) and faster systems all built by myself so as to pass my fellow team buddies....and when we did pass each other we started the term you've been "spanked" and back then the name Spankinmonkee came to mind and has stuck ever since....of course a few of my pals ganged up on me and they called themselves the "SpankinParty" and of course they spanked me back and more...lol...

Administrator

Mommy and Daddy gave it to me Creativity isn't one of my strong points huh

thepossum1

My husband's nick had been Possum--he was working structural steel construction at the time and was hanging from an I beam one day--someone said he looked like a possum & it stuck. So I became possum1. And he always liked to say that only the ladies could call him O(h)possum, nyuk, nyuk

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Mommy and Daddy gave it to me Creativity isn't one of my strong points huh
    Haha! Bryan, you wouldn't happen to be an engineer, would you? *wink*

Mine's kind of funny. Since my full name is Jedidiah, I always had a nickname already - Jed. When my family found out I was doing post grad upper cervical work, (where you only perform one correction at the brain-stem region), they started calling me "Dr. Pop". I guess it kind of stuck. I've been Dr Pop ever since.

Platinum Member

Well, since my friends in grad school aren't creative (funny, one of them is named Brian...), I got "Max" since it wasn't "Matt". And there you go...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast