Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Did You Get Your Name?

Swordfish

Re: How Did You Get Your Name?

Quote Originally Posted by Spankinmonkee View Post
    Back in the old days when I first joined up at amdmb.com "PcPerspective now" they had started a Seti team where most of us used animal names ect....well the competitor in me wanted more (14 at that time) and faster systems all built by myself so as to pass my fellow team buddies....and when we did pass each other we started the term you've been "spanked" and back then the name Spankinmonkee came to mind and has stuck ever since....of course a few of my pals ganged up on me and they called themselves the "SpankinParty" and of course they spanked me back and more...lol...
    I think it's time to post a picture Spankie.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
    I think it's time to post a picture Spankie.

and the pic Swordfish likes.....this joke pic was a classic

Last edited by Spankinmonkee; 11-06-10 at 08:37 PM.

Administrator

OMG I think I've gone blind

Gold Member

Who's your daddy!!

Swordfish

That picture is priceless. I laugh every time I see it and this is the first posting in a few years. I would have posted it, but Spankie took out a restraining order on me prohibiting my interference in any of his hobbies other than BOINC.

Teratoma

Teratoma is a medical term. Roughly translated it means "Monster Tumor". I first saw the word in the Stephen King novel "The Dark Half". Years later I thought it would be a good handle. I don't think real teratomas are cool, but I think the word is and King's usage of it in his novel.

My avatar is from graphics I made for a new team banner contest here. I didn't win, but I am proud of it.
    ....copied from the old boards

Administrator

For the most part, the days of cool usernames are over; there was a time in which you may have been fortunate enough to get a cool name like Iceman but them found out in order to have that on another board you were now know as Iceman438... which is... frankly, not cool.

So I simply started using my initials and last name; so far, no one seems to be using it other than me which is nice.

So the 'S' is for Steven and the 'T' is for Todd and as far as my last name, it isn't my fathers last name which was Boyd. He was out of the picture and the marriage annulled by the time I was born, so I was given my mothers maiden name.

Just a bit of trivia... there will be a test later.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Gold Member

My nickname is Slicker than yours!

Slicker is my dog in case you haven't seen some of my avatars. His official registered name is "City Slicker" because he lives near Chicago all of his bothers and sisters are "country bumpkins" from western Nebraska. I believe his sire's name is "Jack Daniels" and his sire's sire is "Jim Beam" so it is fitting that I like bourbon if I use his name.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12