Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yoyo: M Queens for arm64

Diamond Member

Yoyo: M Queens for arm64

We released now also a M Queens app for arm64.

More...

Diamond Member

Re: Yoyo: M Queens for arm64

Maybe time to get one of those fancy new Raspberry Pis...
    “The state — or, to make matters more concrete, the government — consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me. They have, taking one with another, no special talent for the business of government; they have only a talent for getting and holding office. Their principal device to that end is to search out groups who pant and pine for something they can’t get, and to promise to give it to them. Nine times out of ten that promise is worth nothing. The tenth time it is made good by looting ‘A’ to satisfy ‘B’. In other words, government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advanced auction on stolen goods.” - H.L. Mencken

Twitter: @zombie_67

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Maybe time to get one of those fancy new Raspberry Pis...
    I picked one up when they launched, but did not install a 64bit os

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Diamond Member

This got me thinking about perhaps building an arm/linux cruncher. But instead of going for the cheapest solution (RP4) which is based on Cortex-A72 (announced in 2015), perhaps there is something more powerful and newer. Are there any boards or computers based on anything more modern than Cortex-A72?

The Snapdragon 845/850 is based on the Cortex-A75 which came out last year. But I find only android devices with it.

Edit: Found one, the Lenovo Yoga C630. Looks like ~$700 new, or ~$500 on eBay. Yikes. That is at least 5 of the 4gb RP4 with all the extras. I guess all that cost is due to things like the display, keyboard, etc. Back to the drawing board.
    Last edited by zombie67; 07-14-19 at 04:11 AM.
    “The state — or, to make matters more concrete, the government — consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me. They have, taking one with another, no special talent for the business of government; they have only a talent for getting and holding office. Their principal device to that end is to search out groups who pant and pine for something they can’t get, and to promise to give it to them. Nine times out of ten that promise is worth nothing. The tenth time it is made good by looting ‘A’ to satisfy ‘B’. In other words, government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advanced auction on stolen goods.” - H.L. Mencken

Silver Member

If your looking for a decent arm machine you need too look at thunder x, just don't mind the prices

https://www.asacomputers.com/Cavium-ThunderX.html

Silver Member

On another note I have my 4 overclocked to 1750mhz running solid for 2 days on universe@home compared to my other pi's

3b avg 8 hours
    3b+ avg 7.25 hours
    4b stock avg 5 hours
    4b @ 1750mhz avg 4.25

Diamond Member

As far as I can tell, unless you want to spend thousands of dollars on a ThunderX2 server, the only alternative is RP4. Finally a 2gb version showed up as available on Amazon, so I bought it. I kinda think they are lying...

Silver Member

https://turingpi.com/?utm_source=fac...2201390261Ad+6

This is kind of interesting bit still about $400 for. Full build.

Diamond Member

My RP4 arrived. Which linux do you all use for crunching? Raspbian, Ubuntu, or...?

Silver Member

I'm using raspbian, just be aware it's only has 32bit support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast