Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AT&T Fiber

Advisor - Stateside Division

AT&T Fiber

So,

I have an appointment this saturday for hookup of AT&T 1000 Fiber connection. 1000/1000 will be better than the 940/40 I have now.

Kind of nervous, even though I've been assured they allow port 80 / 443 inbound.

I need to do it though, still paying $300+ for my Spectrum TV/Phone/Internet/Home Security.

I stream all TV via youtube TV these days and rarely use the home phone so switching to a $70 per month (will then add on the $40pm for security system).

Likely have an outage most of the day saturday though.

Diamond Member

Re: AT&T Fiber

Cool! I have ATT fiber + YouTubeTV too, since moving to Reno. So far so good.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

i'm still waiting for that to be available in my area. Still stuck with 15/1 ... Rosetta just pretty much froze everything. Wifey been yelling "why is youtube so slow today?" Me: "I have no idea babe"

Diamond Member

Even with ATT fiber, we still get occasional freezing with streaming. Not sure if it is because of the service, or my BOINC stuff, or router/wifi infrastructure in the house. It hasn't been annoying enough (yet) for me to shut down BOINC to eliminate that as the source of the problem. That sort of investigation can be a long and fruitless journey.

I'm actually having real bad problems with Spectrum at the moment, hence the switch to AT&T.

On a 940Mpbs down/40Mbps up, but a week or so ago, YoutubeTV stopped working on any PC. It works on the amazon firestick ok, though is stuttering and kicking me out a lot. Keeps saying proxy detected on the PC's

Also, Disney+ does not work, saying I'm in an area that's unavailable. If I switch off wifi on my phone I can get in...

Youtube techs don't know what it is, Spectrum don't know. I suspect the IP address I have is somehow getting rejected. Haven't managed to get it changed yet and given I go to fiber tomorrow I gave up trying.

Silver Member

looks like it's all done, Bok? Site seems fast ... very snappy

All done. Took me a bit of time to get my firewall to pick up the new IP address from the AT&T modem.

I changed the setiusa DNS and that was quick and did the free-dc ones too, but forgot that I have cloudflare as a proxy for free-dc, so only did it there 30mins or so ago. They are resolving for me.

Silver Member

Thanks, Bok! Great work!

Diamond Member

Did the change fix your issues? Are the ports open you needed?

yes, ports are open. Had to login to the new router and change it to be passthru so it would hand off the IP address to my firewall.

then I have spent a couple of hours on chat with ATT because it kept redirecting me to their registration constantly. Got past that, then the speed dropped to a crawl, but a reset has fixed that too..

I can login to youtube tv and disneyplus now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast