Came home from grabbing some groceries today and all 5 fans on the machine were at max RPM. It was running an h100I.
I don't know how long it was sitting there, but opened it up and got hit with a pretty nice blast of heat. The lower tube - the output from the water block - was extremely hot. I'm not sure how nothing ended up being on fire or completely shut down/damaged.
From what I can tell, the shrowds (or whatever you want to call them) that cap the ends of the two tubes at each end have cracked and separated. I haven't actually checked to see if water remained - not entirely sure what the lifespan on these are.
The pump does run - though at a higher RPM - maybe 2400? CPU temperature rises and doesn't spike. The upper tube remained cool.
It is 6, probably at this point closer to 7.5 years old. I'd say it's had its time, and so I'm now looking at replacements. Amazingly, the CPU remains operational - all be it with the stock cooler and some reapplied thermal paste. Love my AMD. Don't love the heat and power this one generates...

I'm looking at replacing it with something like https://www.newegg.ca/p/N82E16883152...-494-_-Product

Maybe on black Friday. I really don't have the room for another tower. Or maybe I'll just throw together a motherboard, processor and gpu. The downside is that MSI is going to get very very hot. I could always put it right next to a window in the winter and just make sure to pop it open and clean the dust out fairly regularly.
Any thoughts/opinions?