Thread: RTX 2080 TI: Anything faster anytime soon?

Diamond Member

RTX 2080 TI: Anything faster anytime soon?

Is there anything on the horizon that will take over the RTX 2080 Ti, WRT fastest cruncher? I don't see anything, but I want to make sure before I pull the trigger.

Edit: Follow-up question. How does the 2080 Super compare to the 2080 Ti? Looking for the fastest card, to be first returning PG tasks. But maybe the 2080 Super is close enough to the Ti?
    Last edited by zombie67; 02-17-20 at 01:10 PM.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

Re: RTX 2080 TI: Anything faster anytime soon?

the super is very close to the Ti. I'd wait though, looks like Nvidia is going to announce something in march. I've been holding back as well waiting for the new 7nm of Nvidia

Platinum Member

I've seen the 2080 Ti beating the 2080 Super by as much as 20%. Of course it varies depending on what you're doing. Nvidia is about to launch another GPU (ignore the Ampere hype. that seems to be just workstation/server related) that could be the long awaited 2080 Ti Super. How much faster than a regular 2080 Ti it'll be is hard to say. Probably not much but it would be the fastest Again, it's just a rumor but if it's true it may be a couple months out or so.

Diamond Member

Thanks guys. I went ahead and bought a 2080 Ti. Tired of getting beat out and coming in 2nd, searching for primes.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne