Thread: IberCivis 2: They are also working on Covid virus

Diamond Member

IberCivis 2: They are also working on Covid virus

So we now have Folding@home, Rosetta, IberCivis 2, and soon WCG. All working on the virus.

https://boinc.ibercivis.es/ibercivis/apps.php
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Re: IberCivis 2: They are also working on Covid virus

More details, in Spanish.

https://ibercivis.es/wp-content/uplo...-IBERCIVIS.pdf

BTW, they are still to implement checkpoint therefore the simulation will start from scratch if you stop them. This is on another thread. Why there’s no English forum section? I can read Spanish but the majority not.

Gold Member

IberCivis 2 has been down for several days now... hope it comes back! I have about a thousand WUs to report!

Platinum Member

According to the Shoutbox over on BoincStats they had posted that they had to shutdown due to cooling problems in the DC they are in. And they were supposed to be back on June 19th. Fingers crossed here as well as I've got tons to report too.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoincStats
    PaoloNasca: @Bill. Thank you. The banner about the powering down the entire data center appeared yesterday for the first time
    06-19 07:18
    Bill: @PaoloNasca ibercivis has been down due to Computer room cooling work requiring complete power down. Scheduled back 6/19
    06-19 02:54

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    According to the Shoutbox over on BoincStats they had posted that they had to shutdown due to cooling problems in the DC they are in. And they were supposed to be back on June 19th. Fingers crossed here as well as I've got tons to report too.
    Looks like my uploads are going through! Get 'em up while we can!
    Quote Originally Posted by Project
    We are working on physically optimizing the cooling of the data center where the BOINC servers of the Covid-Phym project are hosted. To undertake the cooling works it has been necessary to cut the electricity of the entire data center. The work is expected to be completed this Friday, June 19. Once completed, all services will be raised. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused More information on the Ibercivis website

June 19 update. Works are slightly delayed. If everything goes as planned, we will lift all services throughout next Tuesday, June 23. Thanks for your understanding.