Thread: Popping breakers

Silver Member

Popping breakers

Well today i learned that my garage electrical outlets (garage door opener) are on the same circuit as half my living room which includes my small AC unit. If the router wasn't on the same circuit I wouldn't have known 2/3 of my rigs were powered down. Going to have to relocate them but will also probably have to cut down on crunch time during high temps. Supposed to be 90f (my house is horribly insulated) for the next couple days then gonna drop all the way to 63f.

Diamond Member

Re: Popping breakers

Yeah. I had to distribute my crunchers all through the house to avoid that, when I really wanted them in the garage. I since had an electrician put in dedicated circuits for my crunchers, in the garage.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Crunchers happily run on a 240V circuit. Just like an electric stove or dryer. I had an electrician install me a pair of 20A*240V circuits so I could use Data Center caliber PDU's for my crunchers here at home.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Yeah. I had to distribute my crunchers all through the house to avoid that, when I really wanted them in the garage. I since had an electrician put in dedicated circuits for my crunchers, in the garage.
    literally dedicated crunching.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Crunchers happily run on a 240V circuit. Just like an electric stove or dryer. I had an electrician install me a pair of 20A*240V circuits so I could use Data Center caliber PDU's for my crunchers here at home.
    I aint got that money but i'm learning a lot about my electrical system. moved a rig to my mom's house.