Thread: Raspberry Pi 4: What is your config?

Diamond Member

Raspberry Pi 4: What is your config?

I am curious about what configs you all are using for your RP4 crunchers.

What memory size version?
    What OS? 32 or 64 bit?
    What OC settings, if any?
    What enclosures, heatsinks, fans, if any?

I have had a 2gb version running since they came out. It is in one of these stands with a fan and heatsinks. It has been running 32bit rasperian (now Raspberry Pi OS), with no OC until now. I just overclocked it to 2.0ghz with 6v, based on the instructions here. It seems to be running stable now, at ~54 degrees, running 4 tasks of WCG covid19.

I just bought an 8gb version, and will be installing the 64bit beta version of Raspberry Pi OS tonight. It will be interesting to see how BOINC and the projects that support RP4 will deal with a different architecture (aarch64), if they have apps that will work.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Diamond Member

Re: Raspberry Pi 4: What is your config?

Side note: I'm a ham-fisted idiot. I popped off a cap or resistor when I was using needle-nose pliers to try to tighten a nut, when attaching it to the stand.

Here is a link to the think I broke off: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wl0tv5ug38...b_4p0.pdf?dl=0. I still have the part too, and assume it is still functional.

Anyone who is really good with a solder iron, willing to take it (and the cap/res/whatever) for free? Send me a PM.
    Last edited by zombie67; 07-08-20 at 02:54 AM.

Diamond Member

Re: Raspberry Pi 4: What is your config?

With regard to projects supporting aarch64 (64 bit ARM on raspberry pi 4 (and probably other machines with 64 bit ARM processors)), it would be nice if they offered apps. But mods only support the 32 bit versions for now. FWIW, rosetta does support aarch64.

But you can work around that easily. Just add this to your cc_config.xml:

<alt_platform>arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf</alt_platform>

Works like a champ with the 64 bit version of raspberry Pi 64. At least with WCG, as that is all I have tested it with so far.