Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: World Community Grid: THOR Challenge 2020 Invites Your Team to Support Humanitarian R

Diamond Member

World Community Grid: THOR Challenge 2020 Invites Your Team to Support Humanitarian R

The THOR Challenge is back for a fifth year. Learn how you and your team can participate at a time when humanitarian scientific research is more crucial than ever.

More...

Administrator

Re: World Community Grid: THOR Challenge 2020 Invites Your Team to Support Humanitari

So, do we join this year? I have one more day to hit one of my milestones and had planned to return to WCG anyway. I guess the way I see it is join and if we decide to hit it, we hit it. If we decide not to run it, we've lost nothing.

Platinum Member

Re: World Community Grid: THOR Challenge 2020 Invites Your Team to Support Humanitari

Well, I've been camped on WCG for months, but had started sliding away to see if we can't hit first team to 100 Mil on MLC. I still have around 40 days to hit my current goal at WCG, so I could see hanging around, but I'm not going to make as much impact as last year.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Well, I've been camped on WCG for months, but had started sliding away to see if we can't hit first team to 100 Mil on MLC. I still have around 40 days to hit my current goal at WCG, so I could see hanging around, but I'm not going to make as much impact as last year.
    Well, that's two. Let's see if we can make the first cut. We're in.

Gold Member

I'm already there, so might as well join the challenge.
    6r39 7r199

Diamond Member

First four weeks are scored on run time. So this is great for Raspberry Pis. I will at least but my 20 Pi threads on this.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Diamond Member

When does it start exactly? It just says Sept 7th. Does that mean 5 PM PDT today?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    When does it start exactly? It just says Sept 7th. Does that mean 5 PM PDT today?
    Z, I believe so...start was about 55 minutes ago, though we won't have confirmation of that until 24 hours from now. I don't know why they don't use a countdown clock.

Diamond Member

I did no bunkering, but I am running full steam for now. I am something like 8 years away from a 20 year badge for covid19. So I am working on that until I hit it. After that, we'll see.

Administrator

Same here, no bunkering. Mostly OpenPandemics and whatever TB I can get.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast