Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: World Community Grid: THOR Challenge 2020 Invites Your Team to Support Humanitarian R

Administrator

Re: World Community Grid: THOR Challenge 2020 Invites Your Team to Support Humanitari

2nd week of the challenge has started. If you're bunkering you can feel free to drop.

Diamond Member

Re: World Community Grid: THOR Challenge 2020 Invites Your Team to Support Humanitari

I just have my RP4s running now. That is 20 threads x 24 hours, so 480 hours per day. If we start to run short of making the cut this leg, let me know.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Administrator

I just jumped on board WCG for this tonight. Sorry I don't have a bunker.

Diamond Member

Reminder: Until the "Thor" part of the challenge after the main challenge, this part of the challenge is all about hours. So be sure to turn on your hyper-threading/SMT. And if you really want to turn up the production, tell your cc_config that you have double the threads. Doing this also doubles your memory usage, so make sure you have enough. Sure, the crunching times will be half the speed, but it makes no difference so long as they report before the deadline.

<ncpus>N</ncpus>

So tune it all down as you approach the finish. Note: This may impact the run times of your GPUs for other project tasks.
    Last edited by zombie67; 09-21-20 at 01:47 AM.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Dropped a small bunker. Let's do this!

Gold Member

No stats posted yet, but here's the link to the stats page

https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/t...llengeId=10238

Administrator

We need a top 25 finish for this week of the challenge to advance to the 3rd week.

thor 2.JPG

Administrator

Here is the full top 25. We need to be in this group to be invited to week 3 of Thor.

thor 2.jpg

Administrator

For some reason I can attach a graphic, so here's the current standings.

Platinum Member

So, it looks like we did fine for this week, but we'll need to kick it up a notch for the next one, right? The week of 10 is it?

- At the end of this second week of challenge, the 25 best teams will be invited to the third week of challenge that will take place from Monday, October 05, 2020 to Sunday, October 11, 2020.
    Invitations will be sent to the Captains of the 25 best teams on Tuesday, September 29, 2020.

- At the end of this third week of challenge, the 10 best teams will be invited to the fourth and final week of the THOR Challenge that will take place from Monday, October 19, 2020 to Sunday, October 25, 2020.
    Invitations will be sent to the Captains of the 10 best teams on Tuesday, October 13, 2020.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast