Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: World Community Grid: THOR Challenge 2020 Invites Your Team to Support Humanitarian R

Administrator

Re: World Community Grid: THOR Challenge 2020 Invites Your Team to Support Humanitari

Administrator

Re: World Community Grid: THOR Challenge 2020 Invites Your Team to Support Humanitari

Administrator

My numbers should go up today. WCG just turned on the validators for BETA work and I have gone from 0 validated to 40 pages of valids on that project over night. I was hoping they would hold the validators until the 21st (second round) but it wasn't meant to be. If you're looking for beta work, they are still sending it out this morning and I have 90 new ones to process.

Administrator

Gold Member

Any idea when the next week of the challenge starts? I'm going in with the fleet on this one, clearing out cobwebs. A ton of Xeons should mean good run times.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by cineon_lut View Post
    Any idea when the next week of the challenge starts? I'm going in with the fleet on this one, clearing out cobwebs. A ton of Xeons should mean good run times.
    Hi Vic, good to hear from you. Looks like you've been busy with exciting stuff.

"At the end of this first week of challenge, the 50 best teams will be invited to the second week of challenge that will take place from Monday, September 21, 2020 to Sunday, September 27, 2020."

My suggestion might be to limit work to a small cache during this week to get trusted on OpenPandemics. There is work for African Rainfall Project and a few TB, but they are always a quorum of 2 and take quite a while to validate.

Gold Member

Perfect, thanks.

Vic (mobile)

Gold Member

I know this is time-based, but would a bunker help? I seem to remember bunkering this last year or the year before which ever it was LOL. But I could be off my rocker

Vic (mobile)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by cineon_lut View Post
    I know this is time-based, but would a bunker help? I seem to remember bunkering this last year or the year before which ever it was LOL. But I could be off my rocker
    Yep, bunkering does help and can be done on the off weeks. In all honesty, I don't think we will need it for this round. If you feel you're bunkering skills are rusty and want to polish them up....go for it.

Administrator

Invitation accepted for week 2, which starts on the 21st. Thanks to everyone participating.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast